Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Bundyo a.k.a Mr Optimistic :P (joke)

Hehe, joking. But IMHO, I'd just flash to Chinook. Much much less headachey.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
If you were him or yourself?

this is a great thread, and takes in some very interesting and multi-layered points.

but to get back to the actual topic though, there's enough people running diablo know to give some definitive answers - what are the actual main feature and performance improvements that users waiting for the official release can expect? Does the actual look and feel of the OS differ greatly? Which tweaks still work (rotation, usb otg for 800 etc)?

cheers
David

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
Which tweaks still work (rotation...
qwerty's sig two posts up answered this, though it's a little long, so I can understand if you're waiting for the movie. Therefore: yes.

what are the actual main feature and performance improvements that users waiting for the official release can expect?
It's not a major version upgrade, so it's mostly minor revisions and bug fixes. Flash is slightly improved. MicroB has a background process that lets individual browser windows crash without taking down the others. Modest replaces the old email client. What's now beta RTCOMM becomes standard. Some GPS and other bugs are squashed. A few new bugs are likely added, just to keep Karel's world from imploding. Smaller, hopefully more frequent, updates via Application Manager replace flashing as the standard way of getting subsequent upgrades.

Does the actual look and feel of the OS differ greatly?
No.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
MicroB has a background process that lets individual browser windows crash without taking down the others.
Which brings in some very new and exciting bugs

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Modest replaces the old email client.
Yesterday the modest new mail notification brought down my tablet in only a few hours (i wasn't awake to witness it, but what could possibly end its life for 6 hours in standby right after i got it disconnected from the power (i saw a new message was in my mailbox in the morning).

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Which brings in some very new and exciting bugs
Exciting? They piss me off :P

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Does Nokia have any plans to update the bluez in the diablo final from 3.28 to 3.32?

Things changed:
Release of bluez-libs-3.32 and bluez-utils-3.32
This release fixes some bugs in the input and audio support and removes more obsolete code. The Bluetooth helper library also got more client and server support.
Release of bluez-libs-3.31 and bluez-utils-3.31
This release fixes various bugs from the plugin transition and introduces the first attempts of creating a Bluetooth helper library for GLib.
Release of bluez-libs-3.30 and bluez-utils-3.30
This release fixes a regression within the D-Bus API and converts all services into plugins now.
Release of bluez-libs-3.29 and bluez-utils-3.29
This release fixes an alignment issue in the SDP server and introduces the new D-Bus API. It marks the start of the preparation for the 4.x generation of BlueZ.
Release of bluez-libs-3.28 and bluez-utils-3.28 (the version in diablo currently)
This release fixes some additional issues with the audio service and adds more SBC optimizations.

If Nokia won't update it, I could make a patch based on the osso versions.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Does Nokia have any plans to update the bluez in the diablo final from 3.28 to 3.32?

Things changed:
Release of bluez-libs-3.32 and bluez-utils-3.32
This release fixes some bugs in the input and audio support and removes more obsolete code. The Bluetooth helper library also got more client and server support.
Release of bluez-libs-3.31 and bluez-utils-3.31
This release fixes various bugs from the plugin transition and introduces the first attempts of creating a Bluetooth helper library for GLib.
Release of bluez-libs-3.30 and bluez-utils-3.30
This release fixes a regression within the D-Bus API and converts all services into plugins now.
Release of bluez-libs-3.29 and bluez-utils-3.29
This release fixes an alignment issue in the SDP server and introduces the new D-Bus API. It marks the start of the preparation for the 4.x generation of BlueZ.
Release of bluez-libs-3.28 and bluez-utils-3.28 (the version in diablo currently)
This release fixes some additional issues with the audio service and adds more SBC optimizations.

If Nokia won't update it, I could make a patch based on the osso versions.

I just hope that it fixes the bluetooh keyboard disconnect issue. I literaly have reset my N800 several times a day so my bluetooh KEYBOARD will maintain a connection.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ England
Thanks for the hints, guy's. Just figured it out.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by migs View Post
I just hope that it fixes the bluetooth keyboard disconnect issue. I literally have reset my N800 several times a day so my bluetooth KEYBOARD will maintain a connection.
Dude, that's not right. It shouldn't be doing that.