Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
I emailed Jolla offering my help in translating the Sailfish UI to Dutch so it can be added to the supported languages.

They replied that because of the huge amount of offers they received from the community regarding at least this topic they plan to provide tools so the community can assist them.

n900user259
Jolla have been promising to launch an online translation tool/platform for quite some time but is is still not yet available & there is no ETA.

Meanwhile unofficial translation efforts are going on on Transifex and the l10n data is being distributed through OpenRepos.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Jolla have been promising to launch an online translation tool/platform for quite some time but is is still not yet available & there is no ETA.
Just an OT side note:
This is a wonderful example of how all these mysterious "Jolla promises" (that later eventually turn into "broken promises") come into existence. The original wordings were "we have had this in mind since the very beginning of our l10n rounds" and "we are looking into that". Doesn't sound like a promise to me, but will be one from now on for those people who read the above post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I would like they will share the default origami wallpaper, so I can use that in my Jolla phone

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Just an OT side note:
This is a wonderful example of how all these mysterious "Jolla promises" (that later eventually turn into "broken promises") come into existence. The original wordings were "we have had this in mind since the very beginning of our l10n rounds" and "we are looking into that". Doesn't sound like a promise to me, but will be one from now on for those people who read the above post.
Reading comments on that thread, it is said clearly: it has no ETA and it has no priority, which means something happens only if someone has time to spare for it. Judging from latest developments, there is not much spare time for low priority stuff. Also, it is mentioned that priority can be given, if people vote the suggestion up. That does not translate to "broken promise" IMO.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
FYI new libs on their way to Harbour:
https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-...7a82b182ca2120
which allows for:
QtGraphicalEffects
qt5-qtfeedback
libvorbis libs
libogg
libxml2
liblzma
libssl and libcrypto
and
Add support for Python 3 usage from QML

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Reading comments on that thread, it is said clearly: it has no ETA and it has no priority, which means something happens only if someone has time to spare for it. Judging from latest developments, there is not much spare time for low priority stuff. Also, it is mentioned that priority can be given, if people vote the suggestion up. That does not translate to "broken promise" IMO.
Wasn't that what I just said?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My n9 worked fine in the US but Nokia did not sell or support it here. I wish Jolla could have done at least the same. I can understand if they can't support it fully everwhere. That's what the community is for.
Then convince them to use a universal modem in the upcoming handset. I'll take a look if there is such proposal, and if there isn't - I'll submit it.

So far you can comment here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
FYI new libs on their way to Harbour:
https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sdk-...7a82b182ca2120
which allows for:
QtGraphicalEffects
qt5-qtfeedback
libvorbis libs
libogg
libxml2
liblzma
libssl and libcrypto
and
Add support for Python 3 usage from QML
Finally!

BTW, but still no QtPositioning (GPS) if I read it correctly ? Shouldn't it be fine to include now as it's API should be stable since Qt 5.2 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

The time has come...jPad needs itīs own thread.

Threads OR Subs...
Jolla The Company
Jolla The Phone
Jolla The Next Phone
Jolla The Tablet

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-24 at 18:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My n9 worked fine in the US but Nokia did not sell or support it here. I wish Jolla could have done at least the same. I can understand if they can't support it fully everwhere. That's what the community is for.
See here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...jolla-handset/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:

Tags
bulks