Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Oh my beloved E71...and there I was thinking of getting rid of it...but how can you resist the AMAZING battery life of it.... Makes my N900 looks crap compared to it !!!!
Thanksfully I don't think I will EVER part with the E71....BEST PHONE EVER....with the N900 coming in a close second!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Raj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chrismint View Post
You're right - a 6 hour ACTIVE 3g connection is equivalent to 6 hours of talk time, but the only thing my phone does is check email once an hour! Thats not active that's barely even thinking...
then there is something wrong with your phone, my friend

granted i am using the 2g/3g switching applet but here is an example of my day on the phone today

got up at 7:30, took it off the charger, it was at 96%

updated to 1.1 OTA over the hotel WIFI (which has bad signal and it is very slow). Update took about 30-45 minutes while I was getting ready.

Got on the bus with terrible traffic, started playing with the phone (mostly going through my MP3s and making playlists while listening to music). 45 minutes later I made it to the office (mad traffic indeed)

Used the phone to make a few calls, received a few too. Probably about 30-40 minutes talk time total. Took some notes but nothing special. Sent around 20 SMS

Finished work at around 8 and got taxi back to the hotel. Got to the hotel restaurant and on the WIFI browsing the web until my food came (20-25 minutes).

Got to my room and checked out the web and downloaded some apps etc. Browsed around for about 1.5 hours.

lshal reports a current of 371 left, or 29%.

I don't think that's too bad, given I installed the firmware on this charge!

Maybe get your device to nokia and see what they say?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yorg For This Useful Post:
lol this is kinda funny, didn't nokia had those "offline as it happens" ads???

I own a n900 but i try to stay offline as much as i can because it drain battery so fast and i wouldn't say it's the worst either. I'm still waiting for that new mugen battery coming out next month...

Originally Posted by Sheon View Post
hell my battery dies within 6 hours -_- updated to new firmware too 2 week old phone
that's because you browse using 3g on at&t

Originally Posted by chrismint View Post
I've done all the recent updates, and I'm sorry but if I have to turn of functions such as wifi or 3g to get a working day out of it its going straight back to Nokia...
Find me a phone that goes a full working day with wifi on and I'llr be gobsmacked. 3G is fair enough, but I had a Touch Pro before the N900 and it would die after about 4 hours with wi-fi on. My friends iPhone is exactly the same

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Could you be more specific? Do you use your workplaces wlan (your workmate also?) Bluetooth, video etc. how long

Ignore it. Itīs just total BS as someone said.
OK specifics are about 45 minutes listening to music, maybe 45mins to 1hour browsing at work, 15-20 minutes call time, the rest on standby. Phone lasted about 9 hours. No wireless at work.

I've read about a bug where being connected to wifi meant a nonstop battery drain even though you disconnect - I'm assuming this has been fixed?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by jaxxstorm View Post
Find me a phone that goes a full working day with wifi on and I'llr be gobsmacked. 3G is fair enough, but I had a Touch Pro before the N900 and it would die after about 4 hours with wi-fi on. My friends iPhone is exactly the same
I should clarify, by wifi on I'm talking about the fact that at home I have wifi (for the 45minutes it takes me to shower, remember who I am and leave the house), and the phone checks every 30 minutes for available wifi. This is hardly a drain is it?

i don't think the wifi bug has been fixed but i don't think you have it either (does your phone get hot while it is on standby?)

it is more likely that your 3g connection stays on (and active) or you have an up that is using your cpu even when the phone is switched off

what is your screen brightness setting? bluetooth? gps? do you have touch vibration on?

there are so many things that are just gimmicks that eat away tons of battery

(I would turn checking for wifi off and see if it helps)

Originally Posted by jaxxstorm View Post
Nokia E71 or E72. Will probably go close to 2 days with wifi on

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
if you guys are having the wifi bug issue, try install the wifi switcher. it can disable wifi and disabling wifi after using wifi can avoid having to reboot just to get rid of the bug.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6615#c111

i'm usinig it and so far it seems to be a good workaround for the wifi bug. you'll have to put the .deb file onto your phone and install with dpkg -i

The Following User Says Thank You to bitziz For This Useful Post: