This is why you should read Nitdroid's FAQ's before installing.
Currently Nitdroid locks the CPU at a solid 500mhz.

This drains your battery fast.....

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I didn't even consider if he was running nitdroid at the time this was happening. If that's the case he should post onto the Nitdroid forums.

Anyway, Nitdroid only charges the battery when the screen is turned on.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Interestingly enough, my battery went from 80% to 35% over the course of 30 minutes this morning. I don't see how these cases could possibly be interconnected, but it's a nice coincidence.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
but i haven't installed any heavy program on my N900....

I dont know why the battery drains faaaaaassssssssssst!!

Under android, isn't the same...

I've noticed a strange more-than-usual drainage of battery after installing fm car kit and friendly fm widget, are they really consuming ? also in htop it says that the CPU is used by htop and xrog as usual, but the mem is used by browser-ui (though its closed) as well as status-menu and hildon-desktop..are they always running in the mem ?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bulgaria
My battery went dead for one night last night as well !!
I haven't installed any apps yesterday !!

I have running Battery Graph and there is no CPU usage ?
It was fully charged at 1:00 o'clock as you can see !!
I woke up this morrning and the phone was off because of the drained battery

Now It's an around 8:00 pm and the battery usage seems to be normal as usual, I don't know what happened last night ??

Any ideas ???

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Same here, I posted already. But my usb charger is still in place, so I'll take the odd freakish battery drain night over a missing usb port, if this is all that's going to go wrong with my n900

I don't know what exactly happened last night, the whole day my phone act normal, It might be a poltergeist messing around with our phones over the night until we are asleep

What kernel do u use ??
I have Power Kernel v46 with the latest Community SSU update

Last edited by M_Scofield; 2011-04-17 at 19:25.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
After something more than one year regular usage, my N900 battery quickly discharges from an apparent 30% to an apparent 5%.

Apart from "aging battery" problems, you may have some wifi problems. Continuous connecting/disconnecting (due to bad signal and auto-reconnect every 5 minutes) led my battery from about 90% to about 20% in a few hours in the morning.

OK I won't be so surprised If I have been using my phone at all but on idle to have from 100% to 0% for a few hours without any CPU usage as Its shown on the picture - lol this is wired !!!

I left my phone fully charged, hopefully tomorrow the battery won't be drained as it happened last night . We will see tomorrow............

Last edited by M_Scofield; 2011-04-17 at 21:57.