Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
[rant mode]
Include as in? Are you aware that right now there are only 3 active developers left in CSSU team (I hope luf will be back soon when he has his RL duties sorted out). Do we have a bug report (besides ppoll/pselect bug) that is fixed by libc2.10? Not that I don't want it to be included, but how do you imagine the process of "inclusion"?
Something like:

Aapo: Hi guys, here I have a .tar.gz for you. Please include it in CSSU. Bye, I have other projects I am more interested in.

(me, merlin1991 and Pali scratching our heads): Oh, wait, but who'll maintain that?

IIRC I stated a couple of times on the libc6 thread that (IMO) Aapo (and everyone else in that regard) is welcome to be a part of CSSU team. But being a part of that team does not mean to throw the source code and patches and to disappear (marmistrz, remember HARM sqlite3?), one needs to work hard, the same way as if this is full-time, payed job. I expect him to be reachable on IRC to discuss. At least this is what I try to do and expect the others to be like that. I see no other way to keep the quality of the code on the same level as of now. (Well, sometimes we fail with the code quality part, but only those who do nothing make no mistakes.)
[/rant mode]

I guess you should ask Aapo for that, as this is his project and it is up to him to decide whether he wants it included in CSSU.
only 3 active developers are currently present in CSSU team ? and still you people are releasing updates for N900 ? Hats off to you Poeple. Sorry for my newbish post on glibc thread . you people deserve to be respected as much as anyone can. Sorry for the rant.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
[rant mode]
Include as in? Are you aware that right now there are only 3 active developers left in CSSU team (I hope luf will be back soon when he has his RL duties sorted out). Do we have a bug report (besides ppoll/pselect bug) that is fixed by libc2.10? Not that I don't want it to be included, but how do you imagine the process of "inclusion"?
Something like:

Aapo: Hi guys, here I have a .tar.gz for you. Please include it in CSSU. Bye, I have other projects I am more interested in.

(me, merlin1991 and Pali scratching our heads): Oh, wait, but who'll maintain that?

IIRC I stated a couple of times on the libc6 thread that (IMO) Aapo (and everyone else in that regard) is welcome to be a part of CSSU team. But being a part of that team does not mean to throw the source code and patches and to disappear (marmistrz, remember HARM sqlite3?), one needs to work hard, the same way as if this is full-time, payed job. I expect him to be reachable on IRC to discuss. At least this is what I try to do and expect the others to be like that. I see no other way to keep the quality of the code on the same level as of now. (Well, sometimes we fail with the code quality part, but only those who do nothing make no mistakes.)
[/rant mode]
[rant mode]
If it were so simple. From experience, both iDont and ade did everything they could to have their work (busybox-power and worldclock, respectively), included in CSSU.

Still, it's all for nothing - the former (busybox-power) wasn't included due to some random guy (not even maintainer of CSSU) having personal dislike for busybox (as a whole, not even bb-p!) *and* non-meritocratic influence on CSSU maintainer(s).

The later (worldclock) isn't included, due to idiotic ideas by *same* person - like creating special cssu-extras repos and holding back things like worldclock replacement until it's made. The problem? no one is interested in wasting personal time for creating and maintaining such useless additional repo, so it's on halt for... a year, now? At the same time, we happily have a camera-ui replacement in CSSU for *ages*, despite it containing radical changes, being buggy (see reports from at least last 3 months), and - as of late - unmaintained.

With such attitude, I'm no surprised, that there are only few of CSSU contributors left. If one random, rant guy (without any point nor expertise in matter of question) can block out two perfectly fit projects from CSSU, how it's supposed to attract new contributors?

Sure, (almost) everyone loves to use CSSU and respect people responsible for coding it's improvements, but as per maintaining, CSSU become hermetic, totally unfriendly-for-new-collaborators thingie.Even if CSSU devs - took one by one, personally - are friendly, helpful and nice guys. How this paradox could get achieved, is beyond me.

BTW - why the hell IRC availability should be requirement? Mailing list is too old-fashioned? Sure, I understand benefits of real-time talks, but being available *only* for active collaboration through mailing list (by active, I mean responding *usually* in <48 hours) shouldn't be a blocker.
[/rant]

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-06-19 at 15:33.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
I'm thought I had this one behind me, but now there is my ringtone or silence, both text and calls. Now I'll try to purge few and restore few apps, so get to the exacly point that I was before ringtone bug. Because like I said, I rolled back to 7.2 where it was all sound with the ringtones, but the bug was still present. If anything will change here I'll post the result.
So today I had some spare time and as a first test I downgraded all pulseaudio packages to previous version - 0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1. It seems that it has cured the notification sounds problem - when I get a call always my ringtone plays (no missed calls also) and also the alarm clock ringed instead of being silent. I'll continue to observe and test some more time of course. Hope this information can help to find the cause of the problem...
And my sincerest thanks to CSSU developers for keeping our N900s alive

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel - are you trolling me? Or just it is beyond your understanding what I talk about? lemme try to explain it once again:

bb-power - it was agreed that this will be split into 2 packages. no such thing so far. afaik.

adeclock - debian packaging was done just a week or so ago. by pali. not so far ade stated that he withdraws from the project.

IRC - you can't build a team over the mailing list. period. and as our contribution time is limited, we (or at least me) want our questions, requests, proposals, etc answered asap. ML just don't work for development.

And please, don't involve your personal war with doc here. You are well aware of what are the relations between me and doc, most of the time we are on the edge and sometimes beyond it. but we somehow (usually) succeed to contribute. I agree, it is wasted energy, but calling doc "noone" esp in the light of what he is doing for the community for the last couple of months is plain... stupid.

if you want any further conversation with me on the matter, please change your style. I won't participate anymore in conversation like that. if you want something changed, please do your homework. pointing at people shouting "he is bad, those are good but under bad influence" will change nothing IMO

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
please end this discussion. instead of bein off topic why just not contribute in something or help people to solve their problems after they are facing CSSU update. Think.

Just my 2 cents.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
After upgrading from Tmaemo7.2 to Tmaemo8.2 yesterday I noticed that my ringtone seemed to be resorting to the fallback setting (the default nokia ring tone). I am using profilesx so I checked the settings there and in the standard settings and everything seemed fine but I was still getting the wrong ring tone. I rebooted and I can't say for sure that was what fixed it but, I am getting my custom ring tone now. I have tested alarms, calendar, and email notifications and they are all working properly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
After upgrading from Tmaemo7.2 to Tmaemo8.2 yesterday I noticed that my ringtone seemed to be resorting to the fallback setting (the default nokia ring tone). I am using profilesx so I checked the settings there and in the standard settings and everything seemed fine but I was still getting the wrong ring tone. I rebooted and I can't say for sure that was what fixed it but, I am getting my custom ring tone now. I have tested alarms, calendar, and email notifications and they are all working properly.
After reading your post today I noticed that you didn't bother to read any previous posts regarding issues people encountered

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
@petur: Sorry, I guess I didn't scroll back far enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
So today I had some spare time and as a first test I downgraded all pulseaudio packages to previous version - 0.9.15-1maemo44+0m5+0cssu1. It seems that it has cured the notification sounds problem - when I get a call always my ringtone plays (no missed calls also) and also the alarm clock ringed instead of being silent. I'll continue to observe and test some more time of course. Hope this information can help to find the cause of the problem...
And my sincerest thanks to CSSU developers for keeping our N900s alive
Good man acrux, I don't want to be curious, but can Yoy provide code for this operation (like which one You downraded). Willing to wait for the result right next to You mate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
Thanks. Just what I was looking for. I'm bookmarking that url.

Updated the six libtinymail packages and gmail works again!
I assume these are the libtinymail-maemo-...deb files dated 14 Jun?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing