Active Topics

Notices

file manager seems to be the only way to list the roms with vgba. This is actually better then using the built in directory list as it only updates once and not every time you want to play a new rom. Just associate a gba rom with the vgba and your good to go.

btw, what bugs did this update fix? Shining Force gba still wont play properly(wont let charecter move left or right) and still no option to customise keys.

Ines seems to run faster now tho (at least i think!) super mario 3 seems to run full speed finally on the n810. Sound still stutters like mad but the speed has improved as far as i can tell.

Good job to the author on updating these applications for us!

I have a question. Is there a way to clear all keys except the ones that you choose using maemo settings. I am trying to use movement keys like this
WER
SDF
XCV

D should = not used

Where W would be up left. E would equal Up. and so on. But the D key on the keyboard is mapped as a button. I would like to know if there is a way for me to unmap it.

Last edited by Ghule; 2010-01-07 at 06:17.

is there a way to fix the saving problem for vgba? does anyone know how?

Note:
You are using a Linux device, it knows the difference between lower and upper case filenames. Your files must have .gba, .gb, .gbc, .nes, or .fds extensions in lower case.

PS: Things like .gba.gz are also ok.

Last edited by fms; 2010-01-07 at 07:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Note:
PS: Things like .gba.gz are also ok.
I also tried .zip and .7z but I guess they don't work(?)

Can anyone please tell from where to get the roms and how to use them.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can anyone please tell from where to get the roms and how to use them.
There are public domain, homebrew ROMs at http://www.pdroms.de/.

The discussion of how and where to acquire copyrighted ROMs is not permitted in this forum.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
These emus often don't close properly for me. They hang and become unresponsive until I either kill it or it gives me the "x app has become unresponsive.." message and I kill it that way. I haven't used them much because of the southpaw keyboard layout, but if anyone else has this issue I can do some more thorough testing.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
They seem to have made it into extras since I'm now getting an update alert for them with extras-testing disabled.

Can we take it from this that the whole Nintendo unpleasantness was successfully resolved?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
i updated ines and vgba. It seems that ines doesn't have full screen option anymore (ctrl + enter). Vgba works great, now that i can configure buttons the way i like, this emulator is perfect! Thank you very much for this update

Any tips how to get ines fullscreen?