Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Where is that wacky June 11th guy?

Maybe he can predict when the next update will come.
Sssshhhh!!!

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Where is that wacky June 11th guy?

Maybe he can predict when the next update will come.
Not a chance. You d better ask from the Man from the XXVth Century. The One who went beyond the Great Crash.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Sssshhhh!!!
yes, please don t raise the dead

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
I persued this thread a bit.... and have to say, I installed the update this morning and am frankly very pleased with it.... the screen is more responsive, the device feels snappier and for the most part flash9 does work... at least its better than it used to be before... skype is there, kinda sad that there is no video support, and as for video calls, I made my first one ever today after the update... I find it hard to beleive there will not be ANY out of the box use for the included camera, I expect to hear something before the end of that beta period....

I also think texrat has gotten a bit of a raw deal... I don't think he really misrepresented anything... I think if you were expecting specific coroberation of some feature you wanted... ie headset support, there is no reason to take out our disappointment on any person in particular...

I loved using my n800 before this update, and I still love using it... I hope there will be more updates in the future before they refresh the hardware.

Anyway, thats my $0.02

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Same here... I haven't found anything yet that would make me go back to old firmware... The added features are very welcome.

i personally cant wait for the Asus eee pc 701 to come out.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Digg frontpage! Yay!
Hope this brings in more users here.

Just so I'm clear.To update I just go to the Nokia N800 site and download new software. Do I need to back up everything already downloaded or just add the new stuff.Anyway a simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
is there a version of Gtalk on PC that allows webcams?
If you use the Festoon plugin, you should be able to do video with GoogleTalk on a PC.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Festoon is no longer supported... I try that months ago and is nothing but problems... if you go to there forum is a forum for spammers only...