Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
For the past month I thought it was all about euchreprof.

rofl

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Here is mty release date theory. Those making the decision have target dates, but these dates are not robotlike commandments. They are based on readiness. The date is not known by ANYONE as a ten-commandment-like rule: thou shalt release on Friday. This is why even the deepest insider must guess. Of course, the closer the release date comes, the better the odds it will actually be released on that day, but it is still subject to adjustment.

ep: it seems clear to me that you are drawn like a magnet to making divisive comments, even since the 'new ep' you pretend to have become. that is why I don't accept your apology. You never did anything to me, except lie, which was on general principles. I have nothing against you but think you should be banned in the interest of the group. Please haunt some other group.

I think banning would be harsh. I think it would be more appropriate to write a script that modifies all his posts to, "I am the update fairy, leave a quarter under your pillow and your N800 will be blessed with Skype."

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
Thanks sher'... I needed a good laugh this morning!

So much of what many people want is not something Nokia has control over. Skype and Flash are proprietary products. Nokia can pay for the development, but Skype and Adobe control the products. On top of that, who know what happens in the negotiations between the lawyers when they are working out the licensing agreements.
Of course, I'm still eagerly checking maemo.org every day, hoping that it comes out.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Here is mty release date theory. Those making the decision have target dates, but these dates are not robotlike commandments. They are based on readiness. The date is not known by ANYONE as a ten-commandment-like rule: thou shalt release on Friday. This is why even the deepest insider must guess. Of course, the closer the release date comes, the better the odds it will actually be released on that day, but it is still subject to adjustment.
That's just common sense (which I already knew you possessed) .

And again: the massive re-org at Nokia affected everyone and everything. I cannot stress that enough. If you guys have seen the official announcements (mostly in financial venues) and processed what they obviously portend, then you know the past few months have been... chaotic to say the least. Personally, I've had to deal with a plant closure, a move to the America's timezone, the abolishment of timezones due to the re-org and now a move to a global position-- all since January. I can't imagine I'm the only one in this whirlwind.

Hey, I'm frustrated by delays too, but people can only do what they can do...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Ok I'll take this as the confirm that we won't have the update (not that it is your fault, of course! )

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Ok I'll take this as the confirm that we won't have the update (not that it is your fault, of course! )
Um... that wasn't meant to be any such confirmation. I'm merely explaining one cause behind possible delays of promised deliveries, such as Skype by 1H07. I'm not saying the update absolutely will not make it in time.

Is that clear and yet at the same time elusive enough?

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That's just common sense (which I already knew you possessed) .

And again: the massive re-org at Nokia affected everyone and everything. I cannot stress that enough. If you guys have seen the official announcements (mostly in financial venues) and processed what they obviously portend, then you know the past few months have been... chaotic to say the least. Personally, I've had to deal with a plant closure, a move to the America's timezone, the abolishment of timezones due to the re-org and now a move to a global position-- all since January. I can't imagine I'm the only one in this whirlwind.

Hey, I'm frustrated by delays too, but people can only do what they can do...
I can confirm that our friends in Ruoholahti, Keiläniemi and Leppävaara ( a few sites, last one of networks group) have been under quite high stress. "the boat gonna rock heavily" was the favourite sentence.

However the N800 group are hiring marketing staff! That s a fact... maybe a fact that they are desperately trying to boost the sales

Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
However the N800 group are hiring marketing staff! That s a fact... maybe a fact that they are desperately trying to boost the sales
Well, that's been one weak area... and now that Nokia has a new Devices segment, programs will no doubt have more responsibility for activities such as marketing than they did before.

Regardless, this shows promising activity... right?