Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Thanks. I deleted the situation, shutdown the application (not the process itself though), created again the situation and same. Media is not launched.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hej,

I have a "Morning" Situation that starts a weather app and the Jolla Calendar in the morning. It is time-triggered (and won't be triggered if some other Situations are).

It is working like a charm.

LVPVS out.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Thanks. I deleted the situation, shutdown the application (not the process itself though), created again the situation and same. Media is not launched.
Can you share what application is it and where is it available? Or do you mean the built in Media app (which launches fine at least for me)?

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Built-in Media app.

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hello All and especially hhaveri!

Thanks for the great app! This is what I have been looking for and I accidentally bumped in to this Situations app!

Few points that I have been thinkig. Is there possibility to add in Situation Time OR BT? As far as I have tried, there is only Time AND BT available, but canīt be used or function.

And how do I make this app to choose, what Situation is more "powerful"?

For example, when I am entering car and car BT is recognized, there is still home situation working, while my home SSID on wifi is active.

Iīm gonna use this app all the time

Best Regards,
Mikko

Hello,

There's currently no possiblility to choose "OR" inside a situation, but you can emulate it by creating two situations, one for BT and one for Time, and then create a third situation that uses the first two as a condition.

You can have multiple situations active at any time. If there are overlapping actions in those situations, the lower you go on the list, the higher the "priority" gets. So, by ordering the situations (most generic at top) you can control which actions take precedence. Ordering happens by long pressing items on the main list.

Hope this helps!

Br,
Heikki

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hello hhaveri,

Thanks for the quick answer!

I did not try to run these as opposite. I just thought that higher the situation is so the higher it would be in priority also

But is is the other way!

And yes, I can create multiple situations. It is not the problem, I just thought if there is a possibility, that I just canīt find

Best Regards,
Mikko

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Situations are evaluated normally only when there is a change in conditions observed. So the manual state in your case should remain until 06:00 or when WiFi changes. However, the safest of course would be to temporarily disable automation for that situation (by left swipe).

Br,
Heikki
Hi, and thanks for the app.

There's one feature related to this that I'm currently missing as a user of Llama on Android: the ability to have a timed override of the rule set. For example, I can use that for enforcing a silent profile during a 2 hour meeting without having to remember to re-enable the normal rules afterwards, while being sure that no condition change will trigger the normal profile before the timer has run out. Or, during a night at a bar, I might want to enforce a loud profile overriding any silent modes that normally get triggered for the night.

In the case of Situations this might mean adding a timer option to manual disable/enable actions. It's slightly more problematic here than with Llama, though, since more than one situation is allowed to be active simultaneously. In Llama there are separate profiles which are triggered by events (the events roughly correspond to situations in your app).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the feedback! Timed manual activation of a situation is on TODO list - not sure how soon there will be enough time to implement it though. It's mostly a UX issue anyway, but haven't figured out yet how to do it the best way - all suggestions are welcome

A bit off-topic for this forum, but besides the timing option, is there something else that you would miss from Llama with the Android version of Situations (which does have more features available currently than the Sailfish version)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Amazing app by features, but had to uninstall because of battery draining. 5% drop in 5 minutes. O i'm doing something wrong? Just set timing on flight mode, nothing more.

Tags
sailfish os, situations