Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Hi,

I've been using Situations since you launched it to switch my phone to silent when the charger is plugged in at night. Since update 12, it doesn't seem to work. If I have the situations app open, I get the icon next to my rule stating that it's currently matching, but it doesn't seem to be able to switch the ringer mode anymore. Anyone else having trouble?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Hi,

Sorry about the long response time. Doesn't seem to be a problem at least for me but I'll check if I can find a way to reproduce it.

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hej,
@hhaveri, on the latest SFOS (pre-)release, I am still experiencing the connection issues. Though, with less occurances.
As always, please let me know if I can help troubleshooting (if it is a Situations-related issue, of course).

Kiitos,
LVPVS out.

Originally Posted by LVPVS View Post
Hej,
@hhaveri, on the latest SFOS (pre-)release, I am still experiencing the connection issues. Though, with less occurances.
As always, please let me know if I can help troubleshooting (if it is a Situations-related issue, of course).
Currently it does seem like a SFOS issue to me. Can't be sure, but at least currently I have no idea how it could be fixed on Situations side :/

Br,
Heikki

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Currently it does seem like a SFOS issue to me. Can't be sure, but at least currently I have no idea how it could be fixed on Situations side :/

Br,
Heikki
Hej, For the time being, I removed the band-switching (2g-3g-2g). So far, so good.
I, too, have the feeling that it is SFOS-related...
Thanks, anyway!
LVPVS out.

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
HEllo hhaveri,

I donīt think that this is bug, but just FYI.

When using patch "more network modes" ant then using situations app to change to 3 g, it chooses "only 3g" from the settings. I was just wondering, while I had poor phone connectivity on my friens house, and it was just between 2g and 3 g.

Best Regards,
Mikko

hi hhavery, thank you for great work and your story (i have recently read your interview session with Jollacommunity.it). i want to report that icons are not adaptable, so in nexus 5 font is too much small, can you fix it?

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Hi,

I've been using Situations since you launched it to switch my phone to silent when the charger is plugged in at night. Since update 12, it doesn't seem to work. If I have the situations app open, I get the icon next to my rule stating that it's currently matching, but it doesn't seem to be able to switch the ringer mode anymore. Anyone else having trouble?
I don't know if my problem is related: It seems that Situations changes the default ringtone volume (i.e. the one you see in settings). I have a situation which sets the volume to minimum. However, in reality the volume is still set to high volume, because the ambience volume is not changed.

@itdoesntmatt Thanks, could you send screenshots to support(at)pastillilabs.com ? I develop the Android version mainly on Nexus 5 and while some fonts are indeed quite small (for example under the icons), in general they should be quite readable at least with the default font.

@vige Yes, it seems that ambience overrides (at least in some cases) the default value. Not sure how to fix it because there's no proper API to control ambiences

Tags
sailfish os, situations