Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
Plain and simple: ssh.

I find the default terminal that comes with enabling devel-su to be a drag, but FingerTerm is pretty much do-able. For convenience, however, I'd always choose ssh over our N9's terminal.

Something I never do when I am tinkering on my N900.

Enjoy your revived apps!
I have been trying to SSH in with WinSCP but not had any luck yet. Agree with you about the N900 - I was always diving into Xterm on that thing!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Use Kitty or Putty for ssh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ekze For This Useful Post:
I've tried Kitty, Putty, Filezilla and winscp. It goes 'searching for host' and then , eventually, times out. But probably the wrong thread for this discussion!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by drongodrew View Post
I have been trying to SSH in with WinSCP but not had any luck yet. Agree with you about the N900 - I was always diving into Xterm on that thing!
Assuming you have openssh installed on both your N9 and the computer at home, what's the error message you are getting back?

I assume it's installed on both? With developer mode on the N9 I start the SDK connection. In WinSCP I put the IP address in host, port '22', user name 'user' and my user password. Hit login and the window changes to 'Searching for host...' then after a few seconds goes to 'network error: connection to "192.168.1.163" timed out'

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I believe I had to install openssh (I did both, server and client) on my N9 before I could ssh my way into it.

I use a the Debian install on my desktop to connect, with either sftp/nautilus or ssh from a terminal.

I had to do some work on the router - port forwarding etc. Working now. Only took me all day to figure it out. Thing is I had attempted a couple of times connected directly with a USB cable so router settings shouldn't have mattered in that situation right? Anyway thanks everyone for your help!

Originally Posted by paolo_3_1415926 View Post
After wiping one of my N9s, I found out the hard way that nokia accounts are dead. As a matter of fact, not only you cannot register a new one, but existing ones cannot be validated.

One of the side effects of this is that one cannot use anymore the Nokia Drive application. Once it is starts, Nokia Drive will check for the existence of a Nokia account: if one is found, it will be validated; if not, the user is going to be asked to create one. In both cases there will be no server response, meaning that Drive will keep asking until the user shuts down the application.

Luckily for Nokia Drive users, there is a very simple fix. Just navigate to /home/user/.config/Nokia and write this content to a file named Drive.ini file (should be already there if you have started the app before):

Code:
[GeneralSettings]
unitSystem=metric
ssoDone=true
appVersion=2.0.8+0m8
serviceAgreedOn="Fri, 1 May 2015 17:15:38 GMT"
allowConnections=true
traffic=false
routeOptions=63
gpsPowersaving=false

[MapSettings]
Perspective=2D
MapScheme=carnav.day.grey

[GuidanceSettings]
voiceSkin=5000
speedWarner=true
speedWarnerAudio=true
lowSpeedOffset=0
highSpeedOffset=0
As you can imagine, the key to all this is in the line

Code:
ssoDone=true
Hope this helps all the N9 users out there! Happy driving!
Hi,
can you provide a help how to change that .ini file?
would be of great help, thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to chritsche For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chritsche View Post
Hi,
can you provide a help how to change that .ini file?
would be of great help, thanks.
Whilst all necessary information can be found reading this thread, is your N9 being setup from new as drive.ini can be absent if you have never run Maps?

I have seen this in Warehouse - will this do the same thing?

https://openrepos.net/content/hamedr...-drive-enabler

The Following User Says Thank You to snubmoggy For This Useful Post: