Originally Posted by ljo View Post
I have noticed something odd which I see no reports on yet (but at work, so not much time for playing around) -- the features for eas, alien, xt9 are installed, but does not bring in the functionality. I assume it is something account related. Everything else seems very dandy though except for a minor regression for ambiences. In community version ambience (64-bit) crashes were fixed last Friday.
On the official SailfishX build and Ambiences, Xt9 and Alien Dalvik are working fine over here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by att View Post
Sorry, there is no btrfs in the list.
Pfff... too bad. I'll have to compile the driver myself.
Or pester Jolla asking if it would be possible for them to add it.

Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
whether the sailfishx license, if bought day n is valid until 11.10.2018 (with regards to updates etc), or if it will be valid until n+1year?
Jolla official have added a FAQ on their pages :
- it is until 11.10.2018.

That license is regarding the commercial applications (alien-dalvik, exchange, etc.) which will be tied to your accound and downloaded from the jolla app shop.

For your F8xxx :
The F5121 image will very likely NOT work.
You could still in theory follow the community guidelines and try to build your own community port.

Then I have no idea whether or not the shop will allow you to download the licensed bits.

Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Or any image is unique for every account?
According to the FAQs by Jolla officials :
image is absolutely the same for everyone and is basically free (it's more or less the same as you would have downloaded for a community edition).

The licensed bit are tied to your Jolla account (not your image) and are installed from the shop (They are not inside the image).

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Hmm are you tuning up for piracy?
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It would be fair to use for free now.
Jokes aside, given the above (confirmed by official FAQs), I think we should be able to exchange images without much problems.

Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
makes me wonder what'll happen to Jolla1 and JollaC, the former which is listed twice on my account. will i have to purchase separate licenses for them in the future, in order to keep them updated?

it'll be interesting to see whether AD and exchange support licenses will somehow forcibly stop working after the license expires, or has this been clarified not to happen?
Well currently, on the Jolla1, alien-dalvik *is* end-of-life.
You get whatever was available last, but you don't get the latest upgrades like JollaC and Tablets (Jolla/Aigo/Youyota).

Of course in this precise case, there are also technical reasons (outdated drivers/kernel by Qualcomm) meaning that we're stuck with Jelly Bean for now on Jolla1, no way to upgrade to Kitkat.

Probably the same will happen next year : if the Sailfish X port runs out of money, they wont relicense it for aditional support.

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
You definitely want OSM Scout Server + modRana or Poor Maps. That gives you offline map rendering, routing and POI search with global coverage.
I second that : they are really good pieces of software.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
I have noticed something odd which I see no reports on yet (but at work, so not much time for playing around) -- the features for eas, alien, xt9 are installed, but does not bring in the functionality. I assume it is something account related. Everything else seems very dandy though except for a minor regression for ambiences. In community version ambience (64-bit) crashes were fixed last Friday.
I couldn't install any of the apps subject to the license. There was some issue where the store would refuse my credentials, giving a 'General communication with the store server' error.

I contact Jolla Care who said there had been a problem registering the license with my device and that they'd resolved it. After this the apps could be installed.

Maybe you've a similar issue, and it's incorrectly stating they are installed? There is an installation log at /var/log/zypp/history you could inspect.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
In theory you could install anbox on the Jolla 1, but not sure if 1GB RAM would be enough.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Pfff... too bad. I'll have to compile the driver myself.
Or pester Jolla asking if it would be possible for them to add it.

Jolla official have added a FAQ on their pages :
- it is until 11.10.2018.

That license is regarding the commercial applications (alien-dalvik, exchange, etc.) which will be tied to your accound and downloaded from the jolla app shop.

For your F8xxx :
The F5121 image will very likely NOT work.
You could still in theory follow the community guidelines and try to build your own community port.

Then I have no idea whether or not the shop will allow you to download the licensed bits.

According to the FAQs by Jolla officials :
image is absolutely the same for everyone and is basically free (it's more or less the same as you would have downloaded for a community edition).

The licensed bit are tied to your Jolla account (not your image) and are installed from the shop (They are not inside the image).

Jokes aside, given the above (confirmed by official FAQs), I think we should be able to exchange images without much problems.

Well currently, on the Jolla1, alien-dalvik *is* end-of-life.
You get whatever was available last, but you don't get the latest upgrades like JollaC and Tablets (Jolla/Aigo/Youyota).

Of course in this precise case, there are also technical reasons (outdated drivers/kernel by Qualcomm) meaning that we're stuck with Jelly Bean for now on Jolla1, no way to upgrade to Kitkat.

Probably the same will happen next year : if the Sailfish X port runs out of money, they wont relicense it for aditional support.

I second that : they are really good pieces of software.
No jokes aside. What images. Jolla official download files? How come exchange isn’t included in the OS. That’s pretty lame. Especially when this is a one year deal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-12 at 15:48.

Has anyone tried to flash the official image into an Xperia X Compact (F5321) yet?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Has anyone tried to flash the official image into an Xperia X Compact (F5321) yet?
it won't work, stick to community images for now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Can you please provide a link for community build for X compact?? Please!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
I'm yet to see a community image for the compact, do you have a link please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
ask on #sailfishos-porters, I've seen people there have been building it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x