Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i have an idea
remove all fb related stuff
enable linked mirrors
disable extras devel
install facebook installer
proceed with usual installation by clicking it or find and install facebook photo uploader
then enable extras devel
refresh and it should come as an update

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
sure

talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1467508&postcount=103
or
look at the last couple of pages
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1467535#post1467535
This method ( http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=103 ) is worked, repos updated, facebook-installer installs, but when I open it, it opened the app manager, and I've got error from it about it can't find the right packages or something like that I suppose. (It's trying to find the old Nokia repos, it ignores the backup ones).

When I want to install manually the Fb packages one by one, I came to the usual stuff: feedservice2 is not installable.
So it's not a repo issue, this package, if it's ever existed, it's disappeared by now.
I'm most certainly don't want to reflash my device just for trying if Fb is working on a fresh system or not.
I just wanted this one simple stuff to working correctly, but I think in my level of noobism, it's not possible.

Last edited by dy1ng; 2015-04-17 at 22:15.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
So it's not a repo issue, this package, if it's ever existed, it's disappeared by now.
I'm most certainly don't want to reflash my device just for trying if Fb is working on a fresh system or not.
I just wanted this one simple stuff to working correctly, but I think in my level of noobism, it's not possible.
Search google for feedservice2_0.5.9_armel.deb

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Search google for feedservice2_0.5.9_armel.deb
Found it!
Aaaand it's working just perfect now.
Thank you, master.

The Following User Says Thank You to dy1ng For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dy1ng View Post
Found it!
Aaaand it's working just perfect now.
Thank you, master.
throw a party !
any way i figured the problem i think as the mirrors do not yet have a ovi store repo mirror it fails to download it i.e package in ovi store repos ? right na

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Pondokgede, Indonesia
it working perfectly, thanks freemangordon!
i hope you can do the same for the widgets

With regards to feedservice2/OVI repo, what's the plan with this going forward? I know we can google the missing file at the moment, but for end users it's not a really an ideal position. Can we host/mirror repo and replace default repo address via an update or is this yet another package we're going to have to RE?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
With regards to feedservice2/OVI repo, what's the plan with this going forward? I know we can google the missing file at the moment, but for end users it's not a really an ideal position. Can we host/mirror repo and replace default repo address via an update or is this yet another package we're going to have to RE?
I will RE feedsevice2 and put it in extras as soon as I have some spare time. However, the "OVI store down" problem should be somehow fixed, I guess we have BoD exactly for situations like that.

On a side note - supl.nokia.com server certificate expired on 16th of April, fortunately it turned out that supl.google.com works.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Well, it worked until now.
This time, I getting this constantly when I want to share a picture (no matter what size or resolution), nor that wifi or 3G.
This picture in the shot is taken with a WP phone, but same happens with N900-taken pics.
Attached Images

hell yeah same problem here ! at first i thought just me

Tags
facebook, maemo 5