Active Topics

A new version of the Internet Tablet Video Converter has been released to fix bugs, add API support for Python, Perl, and Java, and now support for Mac OS X. Victor Brilon, Sr. Product Manager, Home Networking Solutions, Convergence Products posted the following at the Nokia Beta Labs Blog:Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter has been updated and we’re thrilled to bring you this latest version. This latest release includes several major updates, including:    A version for OS X that’ll run on Tiger and Leopard on Intel and PPC platforms. This is our first release for the OS X platform, so we are eager to hear your feedback on how it could be improved     The codecs for the Windows version have been updated and hopefully we’ve fixed the bugs that the community has reported to us     The Developer API has been updated based on user feedback. It now supports Python, Perl, and Java as programming languages to access the API. We’re very interested in seeing what the community can cook up using this feature.Download here. Thanks to our great Internet Tablet community, we’ve made some really good changes to this software and we hope you like it as much as we do. Please report any bugs you find at https://bugs.maemo.org. Thanks, Victor
Read the full article.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the update. I'm currently converting an avi now.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Oh man, this is just so great! Just what doctor ordered!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Converting a couple of Bleach avis right now. Old Quicksilver G4 . . . might take a while.

Well, the first one just finished. Audio is fine, but the video is just white. . . .

Tard-mode OFF

Works great!

Used Bleach 167 from here.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-05-09 at 04:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I compared videos from tablet-encode script vs Internet Tablet video Converter for the Mac. The results were obvious; Nokia software is CRAP, video quality was worst than poor. tablet-encode script do a LOT BETTER job transcoding videos. With Nokia software I just get videos wth a LOT of artifacts and washed video.

Regards,

Taguapire.

Originally Posted by taguapire View Post
I compared videos from tablet-encode script vs Internet Tablet video Converter for the Mac. The results were obvious; Nokia software is CRAP, video quality was worst than poor. tablet-encode script do a LOT BETTER job transcoding videos. With Nokia software I just get videos wth a LOT of artifacts and washed video.
Did you bother to change the quality setting in Preferences?

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hmmm... I may be in the minority here, but in my opinion Macs have iSquint! Why do we need Nokia's software?

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by taguapire View Post
Hi,

Mmmmm.....nothing like getting warm fuzzies from community members

We've created a tool to support end users who want a one step solution for video conversion and who may not be savvy enough to use a tool like tablet-encode (which is a kick-*** tool btw). You may not realize it, but for (mostly) legal reasons we can't just use the same video conversion codecs that most Open Source tools use (such as mencoder -- which is what tablet-encode uses). Within those constraints we try to make the best solution possible. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes, not so much. In either case, that's why this software is delivered as beta, so we can get valuable feedback from our users.

I'm glad to hear your feedback but - for future reference - most people (myself included) tend to block out rants when they offer nothing constructive in the criticism.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Last edited by vbrilon; 2008-05-09 at 04:24.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vbrilon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Well, the first one just finished. Audio is fine, but the video is just white. . . .

Used Bleach 167 from here.
I haven't downloaded the file (can't use torrent behind corporate firewall), but what's the source file? can you play it ok? any details would be good.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter