Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
X-post from the cameraplus thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=136

In my case (OnePlus3) I can't record any video with cameraplus (stock camera works fine but it records 4K video). The log follows: https://pastebin.com/zkcDi5r6

Is it more likely to be the port issue or cameraplus issue?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2018-01-14 at 17:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
What do you mean that you can't record any video? Are 4K video no videos? Did you checked /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt ?

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
BluesLee, I mean that I can't record anything with cameraplus but I can record videos with the stock camera. Cameraplus simply errors out when I try to record anything. The videos recorded by the stock camera seem fine and can be played back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
BluesLee, I mean that I can't record anything with cameraplus but I can record videos with the stock camera. Cameraplus simply errors out when I try to record anything. The videos recorded by the stock camera seem fine and can be played back.
Cool, i am suprised as video recording works now for stock camera app. Afaik, cameraplus is a little bit outdated, you will need to reach out to MSameer, probably some gstreamer magic.

Are you happy with the oneplus 3(T)? What are your biggest concerns until now.

Maybe, but I prefer to let the port maintainer know. cameraplus worked out of the box on FP2.

Well, I was extremely dissatisfied with OnePlus3 when I was unable to port it and later had no time to fight with the problems :P I bought this device to run Sailfish

I'm really happy that I mostly dropped Android. My concerns:
1. No OMEMO-capable XMPP-client (collaborating on it)
2. Not-so-good UX of some built-in apps (open sourcing them would alleviate the issue so some of the UX problems could be solved by the community) Especially the stock camera is really poor.
3. I'm disconcerted by the opportunistic suspend, that's what I'm discussing in another thread
4. Problems with video playback (in browser too)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
1. No OMEMO-capable XMPP-client (collaborating on it)
Sad state of xmpp at SailfishOS is one of the showstoppers. Included support is very basic. No MUC, message carbons and message archive management (for carbons there exists a solution). Also the connection is dropped quite often and it reconnects only if you try to send a message to somebody. For others you are just off-line.
So - could you give more info about your collaboration I'm interested and ready to test when something is at that level...

Sorry for being off-topic...

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
@delaya73: What is the status regarding OBS / Jolla store and bluetooth? If you need testers drop me a note here.

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
@delaya73: What is the status regarding OBS / Jolla store and bluetooth? If you need testers drop me a note here.
Hi.
SFOS updated.

Changelog:

17.01.2018 (SFOS my27):
- Switched to native vibrator
- Use bluetooth-rfkill-event-hciattach for further work on bluetooth (HS UART interface).
- Fixed build libhybris

By OBS. I'll try to do this weekend.
Bluetooth does not work, reserch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delaya73 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by delaya73 View Post
Hi.
SFOS updated.

Changelog:

17.01.2018 (SFOS my27):
- Switched to native vibrator
- Use bluetooth-rfkill-event-hciattach for further work on bluetooth (HS UART interface).
- Fixed build libhybris

By OBS. I'll try to do this weekend.
Bluetooth does not work, reserch.
OBS should fix the missing apps in the Jolla store right? Should we use a bugtracker? Video playback is another topic which seems to be broken.

@all: Can we organize a short meeting on IRC to gather how we can support delaya73? Currently he handles porting / development, announces on TMO, XDA etc, probably test and documentation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
OBS should fix the missing apps in the Jolla store right? Should we use a bugtracker? Video playback is another topic which seems to be broken.

@all: Can we organize a short meeting on IRC to gather how we can support delaya73? Currently he handles porting / development, announces on TMO, XDA etc, probably test and documentation.
OBS should fix the missing apps in the Jolla store right? - yes.
Should we use a bugtracker? - i don't know

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delaya73 For This Useful Post: