Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nazmi View Post
Hi, I just received the new lcd, I made the repair, put everything back on and the LCD backlight lit but nothing else, when it comes to the auth. the backlight goes off again (the keyboard is backlit and i feel the haptic feedback from pressing the touchscreen), what could have gone wrong ?
Could be a number of things. Round the loop we go

Tou say the backlight come on, so that is eliminated. The screen is new but that is no guarantee that it is OK. But let's just assume that it is. That leaves a loose connector, a broken flex cable and a motherboard fault.

Let's go back to basics. Can you see anything on the screen at all, however dark? You mention LCD backlight in the same sentence as the keyboard backlight, do you mean that both come on? When you attach it to the TV through a video cable, does it react to touching the right places on the phone's screen?

If the answer to most of the above is yes, then the screen is probably OK and your problem may be the connector or the cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ FRANCE
Well,

I confirm, nothing on LCD at all, I got back lighting first from the LCD and then from the keyboard when it is at lock screen (with password)

before I had signal on TV, now I don't have one anymore, though before I had no sound shutting the phone off, now i have a "doung" on shut down.

I think i replaced everything back fine, the digitizer and the LED work.

I suspect the battery to be discharged as the phone is starting to boot (white led) but is not responding to the touches now, the keyboard is also not lighting up anymore, so I put the battery on an external charger as usual and I'm waiting to retry tomorrow when it'll be fully charged.

I really hope we'll find a solution as I can't wait anymore to use my so waited N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to nazmi For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,
It's been almost a month since I last posted here
but a few good things have gotten better:

-I did boot the phone with the new lcd (still on AV composite) but the phone works just fine.

-I belive the new battery (for $5) is fine, at least it's much better than the original which is dead (30 minutes of autonomy max)

-The camera is working now (image quality medium) but as before I can't save the photos I take apparently because of memory problems

but still:

- The internal LCD (the brand new one) doesn't works (I'll contact the seller for informations if they have

-The USB, I didn't fixed it

-The digitizer is as scratched as before (but before replacing it, I want to make the phone work)

Any ideas about that LCD ? Broken connectors/ribbons were mentionned before, any Ideas how I can check for that (visual inspection done, nothing suspect)

Thanks to all of you in advance and for all the work we've done so far

I wish I had so much spare time...

Regarding the ribbon and LCD, other than very obvious things you would find by visual inspection, and with the lack of test equipment that no one of us has, the only remaining option is trying them in another N900 that you know works. And vice-versa, try a known good LCD in yours.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your response, I checked the website where I got this N900, nothing for sale under 150€ (that's a bit too much for my budget), of course a known good LCD would leave the suspictions but I don't think I can find one, I contacted the seller, I'll see if I can get any useful infos from them

I saw a technician who is specialized in smartphones, he checked everything and saw nothing except some corrosion, could it be a problem ?

All of them will have some corrosion to some level. I had four passed through my hands and all had dirt or corrosion inside. It should not hurt to clean it. An old but clean and dry and preferably soft toothbrush should do the trick. Do not brush too hard so you don't rub some components off the board.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
ok, I'll do it, for the respect to the venerable N900 then and after I'll continue to search for a problem because it's driving me crazy to see it work on TV but not on the internal LCD

I'm still checking ebay and "leboncoin" for a new device but i belive there will be more after christmas (I found one for 100€, too much because I have to add to the sum the 30€ I already spent)

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by nazmi View Post
ok, I'll do it, for the respect to the venerable N900 then and after I'll continue to search for a problem because it's driving me crazy to see it work on TV but not on the internal LCD

I'm still checking ebay and "leboncoin" for a new device but i belive there will be more after christmas (I found one for 100€, too much because I have to add to the sum the 30€ I already spent)
New one for 100 €uros? where?

Thanks