Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I already tried to install the Nitdroid Alpha 5 in my phone but i can't start it. I think that all steps were done successfully.

# Flashing kernel (OpenMode)

(OK) flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

# Installing Sillyboot

(OK) tar xjvf sillyboot_2.tar.bz2 -C /

# Installing Nitdroid to /home/nitdroid

mkdir /home/nitdroid
tar xjvf nitdroid_n9_jellybean_alpha5.tar.bz2 -C /home/nitdroid/

When i do the final step: Reboot, push "Volume Up" button when message "Press VolUp to boot alternative OS" appear . Wait a little, pray a little...

The system doesn't boot correctly and hangs with a strange symbol "@@@".

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So, did you get to the stage where there appears the text "Press VolUp to boot alternative OS" or did you get this screen before that happened?

I do not know what the warning text says, since it is some language I do not understand.
There are several different warnings the device can give, could you translate to english please?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So, did you get to the stage where there appears the text "Press VolUp to boot alternative OS" or did you get this screen before that happened?
After pressing the VolUp button, the Nitdroid can't start, the image with three characters appeared in screen and nothing else happens.

I do not know what the warning text says, since it is some language I do not understand.
There are several different warnings the device can give, could you translate to english please?
This message is the default Warranty Void alert when we puts the smartphone in Open Mode.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Okay, how about booting to Harmattan, does that work OK or is it broken too?

If only Nitdroid boot has problems, I'd assume you had some problem when extracting the Nitdroid rootFS image from tarfile.
If you can boot to Harmattan, check how it looks. (If I remember correctly it installs to /home/android directory...)

If you have problems booting to both Nitdroid and Harmattan, then something's awry with your "/sbin/preinit" script.

BTW, why use sillyboot in the first place?
It's much better to install ubiboot instead, IMHO.

Okay, how about booting to Harmattan, does that work OK or is it broken too?

If only Nitdroid boot has problems, I'd assume you had some problem when extracting the Nitdroid rootFS image from tarfile.
If you can boot to Harmattan, check how it looks. (If I remember correctly it installs to /home/android directory...)

If you have problems booting to both Nitdroid and Harmattan, then something's awry with your "/sbin/preinit" script.

BTW, why use sillyboot in the first place?
It's much better to install ubiboot instead, IMHO.
The Harmattan boots correctly, the Nitdroid no. Is the Nitroid default path the directory /home/nitdroid?

Sillyboot is easy to install, easy to use.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Brazil
Same problem as you. You have to extract the nitdroid_n9_jellybean_alpha5.tar.bz2 to /home and not /home/nitdroid. I did this and the problem was solved . From Brazil.

Last edited by ecordeiro; 2015-12-03 at 22:43.