Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

I seem to be unable to retrieve the country list on Jolla Phone. It stays empty. I use the SD card to store the files. Everything else is standard. Newest SFOS version. Am i missing something? Where should i look for error messages?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
Hi,

I seem to be unable to retrieve the country list on Jolla Phone. It stays empty. I use the SD card to store the files. Everything else is standard. Newest SFOS version. Am i missing something? Where should i look for error messages?

Thanks.
Looks like data.modrana.org is down. Let's hope that @MartinK will see this message...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks. At least it's not my fault ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Looks like MartinK fixed it - there was a move of the server, as far as I understood, out of his reach... All should be up and running now.

Thank you MartinK!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I haven't updated maps early April, while it was planned originally. Assuming that we all sit at home, fresh maps are not the highest priority. Hence postponing the update as well. If it is hitting you negatively, let me know. Note it may take ~2 weeks to generate new maps (and bit extra for bugfixes if needed).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to confirm that MartinK indeed fixed it. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
OSM Scout Server has been rebuilt for SFOS 3.3.0.x using its updated compiler. Would someone mind to grab RPM from http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...mv7hl/armv7hl/

(currently http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...la.armv7hl.rpm )

and test it before I update it at OpenRepos? This is expected to work on SFOS 3.3.0.x and will fail on earlier versions.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Wow! My ISP's "child safe settings" blocked it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
OSM Scout Server has been rebuilt for SFOS 3.3.0.x using its updated compiler. Would someone mind to grab RPM from http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...mv7hl/armv7hl/
Installs, map manager works, check for updates works, Pure Maps reads maps (doing very basic scrolling). Let me know if you want me to test something more specific. I'm on SFOS 3.3.0.16.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Wow! My ISP's "child safe settings" blocked it
I added repo.merproject.org to allowed sites in my ISP control panel and now I can access it.

Downloaded and installed 1.16.0+master etc. Started Pure Maps. The rendering seems fine but I cannot test any more since a) Pure Maps does not know where I am (probably because the GPS location got lost when I wiped the phone after a bodged update to Rokua) and b) I cannot go out anyway to play with it due to the lockdown.

EDIT:
The phone found itself after I put it in the window. Located a random route. In its usual style, it underestimated the travel time (Google and Bing say 45 minutes, Pure Maps says 39), but the route is as expected.

Anything else I can try?

Last edited by pichlo; 2020-05-07 at 09:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles