Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
i did the test :

using my laptop under ubuntu 9.10 using empathy and my n900, i did a video call, and when call was notified on my n900, i take it and when phone screen appears, i seen a "camera" button, i clicked on and a second after i saw two pictures : one from my laptop webcam, and another from the N900 front camera, so it works but its really ugly and slow ...
I created a second user at gmail to try it, it worked like a charm, the n900 front camera image was awesome! very fast! I am going to tell my friends they can call me using Gtalk video if they want to see my ugly face

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Any reports so far of it working from N900 to N900?

Because that's what I tried and it failed (2 GTalk accounts). I didn't even see the cam button on the interface. So I'd be interested to know if it's something I could play with because in principle it's known to work - or if it only works PC to N900.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Any reports so far of it working from N900 to N900?

Because that's what I tried and it failed (2 GTalk accounts). I didn't even see the cam button on the interface. So I'd be interested to know if it's something I could play with because in principle it's known to work - or if it only works PC to N900.
i tried last night - really didn't want to work! allthough happy to give my gtalk account out to someone who fancies testing it (Don't use gtalk for anything - just testing)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I tried using Video chat initiated from a MacBook (Mac OS X 10.5.8) using GTalk with the Video plugin to my N900 (Updated to 2.2009.51-1 (PR1.1)) on WLAN. What happens is:
Ringing on N900
Accepting
Video from Mac to N900 OK
Audio bidirektional OK
Enabling video camera on N900: Bidirectional Video OK for about 2s, then the chat is disconnected and google reports error, disconnected [Code: 3 Remote: false]

Any ideas?

I was able to video call my N900 from my PC and it sent video for about 5 minutes before I disconnected the call, but I don't see how I can initiate a video call from my N900 - can anyone help me out with this?

The Following User Says Thank You to bocaJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Works fine between N8x0 and N900 too. N900 video shows up as a bit dark though. Anyone know how to lighten the image?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
i read somewhere that the availability of video depends on gtalk protocols being used. apparently there are several. Making a call from win7 activex plugin triggers the n900 to show the webcam button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vartanov For This Useful Post:
I tried it using empathy IM client from ubuntu 9.10, I read some people succeeded with that. For the first call I saw a different interface on the N900 for the incoming call but then it reverted to plain old call screen. Didn't show up later. Does it need the router to be configured somehow?

Originally Posted by schoeler View Post
I tried using Video chat initiated from a MacBook (Mac OS X 10.5.8) using GTalk with the Video plugin to my N900 (Updated to 2.2009.51-1 (PR1.1)) on WLAN. What happens is:
Ringing on N900
Accepting
Video from Mac to N900 OK
Audio bidirektional OK
Enabling video camera on N900: Bidirectional Video OK for about 2s, then the chat is disconnected and google reports error, disconnected [Code: 3 Remote: false]

Any ideas?
same thing happens to me t
he call goes off after 2s when i click camera button T.T im also using osx

I have tried video call on msn messenger between my laptop and N900. it all went well. all i have to do is to initiate it from laptop. dont know how it can be initiated from N900. same thing with gtalk. i was able to do a video call on gtalk between my laptop and N900. I am using telepethy plugin.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to new_bee For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, googletalk, googletalk with video, gtalk, gtalk with video, maemo, maemo 5, video, video chat