I have to say I am surprised how many people are still using N900's. In the U.S. you pay the same price for service regardless of the device being 3G or 4G, is it different in Europe?

I didn't want to pay for 4G data so I could keep using a 3G device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flynx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
For prepaid there is a difference. After I made some rather stupid posts in social media regarding three letter folks and got huge problems with my internet connection I changed to prepaid. It is costy but have kinda stuck with this number and with no unwanted advertising calls etc. Each mont I pay now extra 10€ for my previous stupidity. So - do not post images in social media with scarf and sunglasses and hood and even just a cardboard machine gun and list all the agencies and say you are ready - with your own home ip atleast. Panicking and deleting accounts and mobile numbers is not a good move either if you notice that someone have paid attention on you.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Wait...
So you do some sort of meme in Finland about spooky US three-letter agencies and the American government can get Finnish ISPs to cut you off!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Flynx View Post
I have to say I am surprised how many people are still using N900's. In the U.S. you pay the same price for service regardless of the device being 3G or 4G, is it different in Europe?

I didn't want to pay for 4G data so I could keep using a 3G device.
In my country I pay(ed) the same price - using n900 and then Samsung cost me the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
CyberCat, I'm not one of those old folks that used to use N900...
not saying I am young, but I only recently got into Maemo etc. and purchased an N900 and an N9 just some months ago.
I'm happy to say that the N900 is now my everyday device, and my previous Android phone is lying around unused. Gotta sell it while it's still worth something.

I also got me a Motorola Droid 4 and am planning to start testing Maemo Leste real soon on it & also the N900 (dual boot).

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Not just US. Included also east, Europe and middle-east folks. Plus visited day before in four different recruit sites for different countries and made cybersecurity recruit tests for one - with my own ip. Connection was not cut, but became unbearably sluggish and my wife wasn't too happy. But she took the picture of me wit the cardboard gun. She denied me from visiting any more in those agency recruit sites (I understood after visited four that this could be counted as something bad from authorities of my own country and stopped).

After that read an article telling which searches and sites would flag me. There was a big list and I had visited all of them plus many more not in a list but probably flagged.

The worst thing was being paranoid for half a year but then understood that checking me up would make clear in seconds that I am a mere clown without causing any threat to anyone else except myself. So being paranoid was unneccessary but very educdating experience. Made me to learn stuff (like if you are afraid government follows you and you do not want to get more flags do not buy with your own credit card book "How to disappear").

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-02-14 at 08:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I am a mere clown
Please do not sell yourself short. You're a force to be reckoned with. A menacing danger to all that you see as a threat to open source

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Sorry. I do not think myself as a clown (like total clown) but more as a jester (a noble and important art). I may though be more like a clown when I think myself being an important jester. And off topic I took this. Back on tracks. Sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
N900, samsung note4, samsung tab s2.

N900 as main phone. Others when need maps, online banking, videoplayer etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post: