Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Oh, and I see no point in 4:3 screens when absoulutely everything else is 16:9 or something similar.
That everyone is doing 16:9 doesn't mean it's not crap - as with computer monitors - almost everything being 16:9 so that manufacturers want to share panels with flat screen TVs, usability be damned.

I can say I really like the screen ratio of my Jolla Tablet, definitely an improvement over 16:9 "thin viewport" devices for actual usage (web browsing, Twitter, terminal, navigation, manga reading, email, photo viewing, etc.).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
It's like cars: The windshield shrinks vertically from model to model. In five years you will not have any windshield but a 16:9 monitor moving to an 3200x20 model...

IMHO the screen dimension is the least thing to cry for. I like 4.3 but I reach senility

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Really? If it already does have both board space and traces for a 3G/LTE modem I absolutely would want it populated!
How much more would it cost?

it's not about calls for me. I really hate when I have to tether to a phone. To me , tablet without cellular connectivity is crap for outdoor usage.
Oh, and I see no point in 4:3 screens when absoulutely everything else is 16:9 or something similar.

Looks like Pichlo's First Law still holds true:

Originally Posted by pichlo
...and this why we will never have anything. The moment you offer something, the first two responses you get are demands for something else

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
true, but for that 320x240 is usually enough
True. But you know what they say: It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I need it! Bring to Hong Kong pls

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Looks like Pichlo's First Law still holds true:
no, I'm not demanding anything. I need a new phone but I'm fine with my Z2 and Z4 as backup.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
it's not about calls for me. I really hate when I have to tether to a phone. To me , tablet without cellular connectivity is crap for outdoor usage.
I guess it is all personal preference. I prefer the 4:3. I like the relatively wider screen when I read. Prefer it over my Galaxy Tab which has better specs but screen is16:9. Also my favorite phone screenwise was my Note Edge (the first of the Edge series). It's screen was 4.75:3. Now, disappointingly, Samsung is going to the other extreme. The Galaxy 8 plus has a ratio 18.5:9. Too much like a Hershey bar.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
It's like cars: The windshield shrinks vertically from model to model. In five years you will not have any windshield but a 16:9 monitor moving to an 3200x20 model...
Already implemented on some "cars".

But hey, at least it's bullet proof.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Really? If it already does have both board space and traces for a 3G/LTE modem I absolutely would want it populated!
How much more would it cost?
Yes, that is possible the Third stretch goal. Indeed it would be a killer feature.

Jolla put it as a stretch goal even though their CTO at the time had already said it wasn't an option long before. So it was more of a scam goal to get your money.

If the tablet dev mange to pull this rabbit out of the hat, I'll be really impressed. (And I'm not impressed easily )

When will this hit the indiegogo. Today, tomorrow or never?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
When will this hit the indiegogo. Today, tomorrow or never?
Soon(TM)

10chars

The Following User Says Thank You to polarbear For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os