Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hmm... any chance to get my contacts synchronized as well? Calendar and Tasks work fine, but contacts do not. I can accept that additional information, such as Facebook- or ICQ-Links won't play with Apples iCal very well. But right now, iSync just synchronizes about 11 of 98 contacts (yes, I do sync contacts without a number as well) in the first run.

When starting iSync for a second time, I will get duplicate entries in my N900's address book.

Summarize:
  • won't sync all contacts, but just a selection
  • won't sync all details/will alter some information (like Facebook/ICQ-Numbers), resulting in duplicate entries when syncing again.

Great work anyway:-)

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
Hi, after download and install the plugin on my Mac, and when I run iSync, under Add Device, I got "iSync cannot connect to this device". My Mac and N900 are paired through bluetooth, and I can browse the N900 directories on my Mac. Is there anything else I need to do to get this work? Do I need to install anything on N900?

Thanks!
Have you installed Bluetooth Dial Up Networking on the N900? The mac needs that to recognise the N900 as something it can sync with

Originally Posted by juhas View Post
First of all, thanks for the plugin - it's a shame Nokia doesn't provide this on their own.

Plugin seems to work well, except for the problem with calendar events with alarms - but hopefully that'll also get resolved some day.

However, I'd like to request a minor change to the plugin. For some reason the ability to set/unset "don't synchronize events prior to" is disabled by this plugin (guess it's some sort of an Apple default - quite a few vendor plugins seem to have it disabled). To fix this, I've personally applied the attached diff and it seems to work just fine - I'd hope you'd apply this to the original version aswell.
Thanks for that. I'm not sure why the plugin has that option disabled

Good news on the alarm front, the bug that I raised about it has now been closed and the next firmware release will contain the fix.

Originally Posted by semerandum View Post
Hmm... any chance to get my contacts synchronized as well? Calendar and Tasks work fine, but contacts do not. I can accept that additional information, such as Facebook- or ICQ-Links won't play with Apples iCal very well. But right now, iSync just synchronizes about 11 of 98 contacts (yes, I do sync contacts without a number as well) in the first run.

When starting iSync for a second time, I will get duplicate entries in my N900's address book.

Summarize:
  • won't sync all contacts, but just a selection
  • won't sync all details/will alter some information (like Facebook/ICQ-Numbers), resulting in duplicate entries when syncing again.

Great work anyway:-)
Contacts should sync fine. Is there anything to differentiate the 11 it does sync from the others? Do they have (or are missing) a particular field?
Do address book entries created on the Mac get across to the N900?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
Contacts should sync fine. Is there anything to differentiate the 11 it does sync from the others? Do they have (or are missing) a particular field?
Nope. Some are complete profiles (numbers, mail addresses, picture), some are just contacts from Skype (so Skype name only). I can't spot any similarities that would make a difference to the other contacts. (Btw., all contacts is selected within iSync)

It's not a huge problem (I can export all contacts as vCard anyway), but of course, thats not real synchronisation.

Do address book entries created on the Mac get across to the N900?
They do:-) Although I will get duplicate entries, when there is a "special" field, like ICQ number etc.

Will try to get a closer look at this the next days and report back.

Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
Have you installed Bluetooth Dial Up Networking on the N900? The mac needs that to recognise the N900 as something it can sync with
Great, thanks! That works.

I still have one problem with iSync. Seems like I can only sync calendar events and to-do list from iCal to N900, but not from N900 to iCal. These events are created on N900 without "alarm" settings. Anyone else see this problem too?

Last edited by ddwalker; 2010-02-12 at 00:56.

thanks guys! i've not synced back from my N900 to mac yet so can't comment on that but i've got my contacts on the new phone now which is the important thing for me. cheers.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brazil
Hi Guys. First Congrats on developing a good working way to sync the N900 and Mac. Since there are some newbies around, is there a way someone could post a Step By Step way of doing this? Thx,

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Ryuokii View Post
Hi Guys. First Congrats on developing a good working way to sync the N900 and Mac. Since there are some newbies around, is there a way someone could post a Step By Step way of doing this? Thx,
Found it!!! Once again thank you very much!!!