Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
I'll believe it when I see people posting shipping notifications.
Yea they're still playing coy about how many in the first batch and who's in it. For all we know it could only be 100 devices.
Glad they're on track to ship but apart from getting closer I have no clue when my order comes in. And at this point it could still be at least a month away based on their last estimate (having all pre orders out by the end of the November - going from memory, don't quote me on that)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Yea they're still playing coy about how many in the first batch and who's in it. For all we know it could only be 100 devices.
Glad they're on track to ship but apart from getting closer I have no clue when my order comes in. And at this point it could still be at least a month away based on their last estimate (having all pre orders out by the end of the November - going from memory, don't quote me on that)
Could be worse, they could say they've started shipping without sending out a single shipment notification. The Libre Purism 5 already pulled that trick, saying they've started shipping, but only having sent phones internally and to marketing heads. That's why I'll only trust third party verification that they've started shipping. At this point I still don't think fxtec's being malicious like that with these delays, but fxtec's not trustworthy at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
"The first batch is being held at the Chinese export customs at the minute."

As I read it, it's all in the hands of "the Chinese" right now and for this month, excuse me , minute ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
dude, don't mention the chinese here, next thing you know they read this, track down the offending shipment and stick it in an internment camp.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Could be worse, they could say they've started shipping without sending out a single shipment notification. The Libre Purism 5 already pulled that trick, saying they've started shipping, but only having sent phones internally and to marketing heads. That's why I'll only trust third party verification that they've started shipping. At this point I still don't think fxtec's being malicious like that with these delays, but fxtec's not trustworthy at least.
I don't think they're malicious at all but they're also leaving themselves a lot of room for interpretation. I know they're a business and they have to play in their best interest. But without specific info, we just have to sit here and twiddle our thumbs until they tell us more. Really sucks to be on this side

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
dude, don't mention the chinese here, next thing you know they read this, track down the offending shipment and stick it in an internment camp.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Oh it is so very very wrong to laugh....
But ...
THAT was a poignant and relevant post.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Hi everyone,

A quick informal update for you.

As confirmed on Twitter, the first batch is in transit. Some of our Asia/Oceania-based customers will receive their tracking details before others, as stock is in transit to our UK and US warehouses. Please bear in mind the customs delays there might be with stock to the UK and US, but hopefully, it will all be smooth. Based on history, customs clearance shouldn't take more than a few days even in the worst case.

With this, I don't see why some of our Asian customers won't be able to unbox their devices next week , with shipments from the UK and US following shortly after.

Liangchen has been preparing a video update from the factory for you, but I haven't yet been told when it will be sent. It could be out any minute.

Erik
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/23...&comment=32073

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
So the "definitely not mid November" will become "best case scenario is mid November"?
This reminds me the jolla updates a few years back. People didn't care about updates for new investors, they cared about software and device updates.
Same thing here.
People want to know when the device is going to ship to them, meaning like a week or so to have it in your hands.
They don't care when the device is going to ship to this or the other warehouse, waiting for customs etc.
Sure, any update is welcome at this point when you have delay after delay, but it should be phrased correctly.
When you deny November and you say 29th of October we will ship, that means that the device is ready, certified, inspected, free of customs etc, and it will be shipped from the company's warehouse the given date.
I understand that many people here will be willing to pay high end price for an outdated device cause of the hardware keyboard, but I don't appreciate tricky word-plays about dates.
Anyway, best of luck to all supporters and the company.
My 2c

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
For many of you it may be easy to pay almost 700€ on a new phone. I sold my motorbike to pay some of my expenses and to have money to buy the FX Tec Pro1. This is a small effort comparing to FX Tec team on bringing us a device that no other company even dared to develop. When someone depends on othe to make something possible is very complicated because many things can hapen. They started to ship today. Even though it should be from warehouses and not from factory it still hapened. Let them give a chance to deliver all devices and i am sure that if they develop pro2 they learned a lot with these mistakes

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
For many of you it may be easy to pay almost 700€ on a new phone. I sold my motorbike to pay some of my expenses and to have money to buy the FX Tec Pro1. This is a small effort comparing to FX Tec team on bringing us a device that no other company even dared to develop. When someone depends on othe to make something possible is very complicated because many things can hapen. They started to ship today. Even though it should be from warehouses and not from factory it still hapened. Let them give a chance to deliver all devices and i am sure that if they develop pro2 they learned a lot with these mistakes
Aside from them saying they've started to ship, I haven't seen any reason to believe they've shipped to customers. I see no reason to just believe they really started to ship, just as I see no reason to believe previous promises.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit