Today my prepay plan expired and I forgot this so I tried to send a sms , now I'm getting 15 messages back from operator saying me that I have no credit . I hate this system since I got my first Nokia with symbian , is there any way to disable , purge , destroy , kill it with fire ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Today my prepay plan expired and I forgot this so I tried to send a sms , now I'm getting 15 messages back from operator saying me that I have no credit . I hate this system since I got my first Nokia with symbian , is there any way to disable , purge , destroy , kill it with fire ?
I'm not sure how we could do it on the n9 (maybe disable cell broadcast messages )

BUT why not disable this from your operator...if you don't have balance the sms goes thro' when you do a re-charge so why can't your operator not harrass you till you did a re-charge? Maybe you can unsubscribe from their alerts?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I don't think it's my operator because I only had this problem with Nokia Symbian phones + N9 , N900 I don't remember but I think it's same .

I did the same thing on a samsung gt1250 and it was countinously trying to resend the message but I had the option to cancel , so after 2 messages I pressed it and reports stopped arriving .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
what if you long press the message and delete it? The one you accidentally sent.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
did a similar mistake,(messaging a number without the correct country prefix) then tried to delete it.
nope, doesn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to taviman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
I don't think it's my operator because I only had this problem with Nokia Symbian phones + N9 , N900 I don't remember but I think it's same .
Some inputs I'd like to share from the Philippines (where prepaid is widely used): I think it is with the Operator. I'm on prepaid with my N9 and whenever I send an SMS I don't get auto-notifications from the Operator telling me that my load (we call prepaid credits as "load" here, lol...) ran out. I also have a Nokia N900 and same thing as well.

EDIT: in most Nokia devices there is a setting for "Delivery Receipts". I tried fiddling with it to find out what it does, but it seems that this feature does not do anything (or at least here in the Philippines)...maybe disabling it does something?

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2012-08-14 at 21:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: