Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Hi rinigus,
I uninstalled/installed SDS and collectd for updating collectd to "collectd-5.5.0.git_.2020.04.29-1.19.1.jolla_.armv7hl.rpm". And

"after upgrading my" JC to 3.3.0.16 "I noticed SDS and collectd had been uninstalled. Trying to reinstall resulted in error messages about nothing providing libgcrypt.so.11 which is being needed by collectd-5.5.0.git ..."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Unfortunately, we have https://github.com/rinigus/collectd/issues/10 . Will have to wait till 3.3. hits OBS. And then I will get an issue with supporting newer and older SFOS versions

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New build of collectd is available at OBS. This is not tested as I don't have my device updated yet.

OBS project: https://build.merproject.org/project...me:rinigus:sds

As tested and approved by @cy8aer, recompile fixed issues with collectd. Please use version collectd-5.5.0.git_.2020.05.05 if you are on SFOS 3.3.0. Otherwise, please use earlier version. The package is updated at OpenRepos.

rinigus, many thanks! It's OK.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Hello.

This looks quite neat.

I downloaded this because I had a strange problem that I thought monitoring might help in solving.

On a couple of occasions, the device has discharged the battery from almost full to totally empty in just a few hours. This suggested a runaway process looping or otherwise chewing cycles.

I realise it's probably a pain to do and maintain, but a sub level of top process CPU usage over time would help me isolate (and report) what is going on.

Obviously it happens while I'm asleep

Dweeb

Originally Posted by DrDweeb View Post
Hello.

This looks quite neat.

I downloaded this because I had a strange problem that I thought monitoring might help in solving.

On a couple of occasions, the device has discharged the battery from almost full to totally empty in just a few hours. This suggested a runaway process looping or otherwise chewing cycles.

I realise it's probably a pain to do and maintain, but a sub level of top process CPU usage over time would help me isolate (and report) what is going on.

Obviously it happens while I'm asleep

Dweeb
You could check if it is able to sleep with CPU sleep stats. As for the stats that you wish for, I am not sure I follow. Taking into account my backlogs of issues in other projects, I am not planning to make changes in this project. You could look into available collectd plugins and check if any fits you. If visualization is needed, you may have to write that section as well.

As StateFS is not installed by default in SFOS 3.4.0.24, users have to install the missing StateFS support:

devel-su pkcon install statefs statefs-provider-bluez statefs-provider-connman statefs-provider-mce statefs-provider-ofono statefs-provider-power-udev statefs-provider-profile statefs-provider-qt5

Reboot after installation. After that, collectd will be able to start normally.

I have asked what is expected to be a replacement for StateFS, but no reply yet. Reference: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/state...for-stats/3751

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@rinigus
Do not expect an 'answer' from Jolla on FSO. If you would like to know the best/only thing is to raise that on next dev community meeting.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
As StateFS is not installed by default in SFOS 3.4.0.24, users have to install the missing StateFS support:

devel-su pkcon install statefs statefs-provider-bluez statefs-provider-connman statefs-provider-mce statefs-provider-ofono statefs-provider-power-udev statefs-provider-profile statefs-provider-qt5

Reboot after installation. After that, collectd will be able to start normally.
rinigus, did I got something wrong?
Attached Images