Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Regarding the dots:
I do like them in any color but would also like.to.see the 'glow' ones before (or are they already shown in the last 5000 posts ).
A shadowed or pushed is just so normal (could be nice, too) that I'd prefer above.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
#offtopic
Not everywhere ...
In Japan for instance there is in production lines sometimes another meaning like red-running/working, green-stopped
instead of almost 99% European style red-stopped/problem, green-running
See
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art.../#!po=0.892857
chapter 'Actual condition survey' and 'Results'
I can add different meaning of white color for Europe and China etc...
I don't know the solution.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Hello out there,

just my 2 cents: What about using sailfish's ambience-colors for the glow effects?

As far as I remember, they where used until the last version when the menu button in map view was touched. I liked that...

P.S.: If I've some ideas / wishes for PM, what's the best place to put them (here, github)?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Now I know why I love the dots:

Although, mine (different machine) has more glow-kind of effect, but there is some equipment with the dot design as well. Glow is difficult because of scalebar (makes it harder to read information => not good design) and it has to be tuned down for buttons.

I would suggest all to try with the dots (next version) and then pick up this discussion again.

Sailfish effect on menu was due to the default button design in SFOS. We had to move away from it to make it possible to design all other icons. That's what our wow was about on the last few pages

As for PR: if you want to discuss it, shoot here. If you want to push with the implementation, submit to github. All can be combined as well.

Note that I am traveling this week and may respond with the delays.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
P.S.: If I've some ideas / wishes for PM, what's the best place to put them (here, github)?
Heya BGK, welcome to TMO!

rinigus states in his description in app and on Github that both, this thread as well as the Github issue system are approriate places for ideas and wishes.

If you really need an advice, think of who is reading. This thread probably has more readers than the Github issues and is good to discuss, share rough ideas.
The Github issues are for rinigus to collect and roadmap because topics are much better trackable as this multi topic thread so i put important and long term things over there imo.

I can not make much hope for good looking glow effects though. But maybe you have a draft to share of how you think it could look good?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
That's what our wow was about on the last few pages
Oops, obvously reading texts really makes sense when you realize their context...

As for PR: if you want to discuss it, shoot here. If you want to push with the implementation, submit to github.
Thanks. Being a newbie to the world of SFOS (i.e. not directly being able to contribute code - yet), I'd like to focus on issues #63 (navigation voice while diplay off) and #120 (prevent navigation voice stopping other sounds).

Both of them would be really helpful when navigating with your device "sleeping" in your pocket (hint: biking season's near).

jdrescher's Laufhelden plays sounds even when the display is off, which is done by QML fncPlaySound function (harbour-laufhelden.qml, #592ff).

Could using his solution (writing navigation voice to temp wav in voice.py and playing them like Jens in QML) solve both mentioned issues?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
And another proposal:

I know there were discussions about the position icons, but couldn't be the center circle be used to show the sat signal quality (see attachment)?

green: sat fix ok
yellow: poor sats / sats lost for < x (30?) seconds
red: no sat fix / sat fix lost for > x (30?) seconds

So, we could see the sat quality at a glance, which is interesting e.g. while driving through tunnels or in other situations with poor gps reception.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
And another proposal: [...]
Cool, nice idea. The more I think about how to visualise additional information in existing symbols, the more I like altering existing elements of these symbols (instead of adding new ones).

But in this case, colouring in not needed (especially as the issues specific colours carry in different cultural contexts have been recently pointed out).
"Graying out" the inner circle, making it transparent, making it "hollow" (i.e. a small circle) or omitting it completely (Edit: or letting it blink, cough, cough) might indicate various GPS states without the use of colours.

Last edited by olf; 2019-03-26 at 16:35.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Thanks. Being a newbie to the world of SFOS (i.e. not directly being able to contribute code - yet), I'd like to focus on issues #63 (navigation voice while diplay off) and #120 (prevent navigation voice stopping other sounds).
In my understanding, these are separate issues.

Navigation with the display off will require working on Keepalive (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...ndowPL.qml#L42 or similar). In Silica, we get complains regarding using outdated API for keepalive, if my memory serves me right. So, it would be an opportunity to get rid of that. Note that this pocket-chatting mode will probably has to be enabled somehow, not sure where.

As for interruption of the audio and restoring it, I don't know much about techniques involved. If its SFOS-specific, we will have to factor that into pllatform, but that's easy as well.

Good luck and welcome!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Navigation with the display off will require working on Keepalive [...]
Are you sure? Diging around in Laufhelden, I didn't find any occurrence of Keepalive. It seems to be done otherwise (maybe by dbus requests?). But as stated before, I'm new to all of this, yet trying to learn and understand (which is rather challenging as there are many new things to be understood )...

Note that this pocket-chatting mode will probably has to be enabled somehow, not sure where.
I'm not sure, if it has to be enabled. Navigation voice should simply come through if PM is in navigation mode and display is off. To stop PM chatting while display is off, navigation could be paused or route deleted.

As for interruption of the audio and restoring it, I don't know much about techniques involved. If its SFOS-specific, we will have to factor that into pllatform, but that's easy as well.
Hm, I don't know if I got this right...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post: