Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Then try LOS first.
If you "try" the SFOS port, there is no reason to look further
Well, that was a very bad idea Installing SailfishOS after LineageOS resulted a non-booting SailfishOS.
I reverted my Pro1 to stock Android for the preparation for sale. But then the curiosity won and I decided to try again. This time updated the stock os to the latest updates, enabled usb debugging and then followed the SailfishOS installation routine using the sailfishos-t5-release-3.3.0.16-devel-20200507.zip.
Now the SailfishOS booted and I was able to perform initial setup. Logging in to my Jolla account did not succeed at first - that needed an extra reboot. So now I have something to play with - although the sale is still active... German qwertz keyboard layout is one of the first things to try

Last edited by acrux; 2020-05-27 at 18:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@acrux but why....? Why do you want to sell your Pro1? xD

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
@acrux but why....? Why do you want to sell your Pro1? xD
There are/were several considerations:
1. My Nexus 6 shamu is still running very strong with Android 10 supported.
2. LineageOS development stopped for several months and as I have qwertz model, then the keyboard was not in usable state. (This has changed recently, so let's see ).
3. SailfishOS is like a fresh air in the world of Android. And the keyboard was easily configurable (Thanks! @Kabouik&Mosen). But my communication relies heavily on xmpp/jabber. SailfishOS has developed greatly in this aspect and in person to person chats it is OK with MAM and message carbons etc. However - still no MUC.
No ssh connection to Pro1 over wifi (fortunately usb connection worked). Wifi hotspot very unreliable - do not connect usb cable (eg. for charging) during session. No access from PC to either internal storage or sd card with usb cable. Several other small glitches here and there. Don't get me wrong - I like SailfishOS on Pro1, but I can't rely on it in my everyday life...

Last edited by acrux; 2020-06-29 at 15:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
I'm curious about the lack of SSH connection - I've been doing a fair amount of development on my Pro1 ssh'd in over wifi and haven't had any issues. Not that the OS as a whole has no issues, but that specific part has been rock solid for me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
No ssh connection to Pro1 over wifi (fortunately usb connection worked). Wifi hotspot very unreliable - do not connect usb cable (eg. for charging) during session Several other small glitches here and there. Don't get me wrong - I like SailfishOS on Pro1, but I can't rely on it in my everyday life...
Just to check the unlikely case, since it works perfectly fine for me: any chance you forgot to enable it in Settings > Developer Tools?

Last edited by nsensfel; 2020-06-18 at 17:03.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nsensfel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Wifi hotspot very unreliable
It probably has nothing to do with the Fx. I found that too on my Jolla1. The last time I was using it reliably was summer 2019. Tried again in April 2020 - it worked for a few minutes, then shut off. Connected devices are still connected but have no internet. One of the recent updates must have broken it.

Update:
Sorry, I take that back! Hotspot worked again after a reboot. Probably more to do with my data connection and the fact it had not been used for a while than with the phone itself.

Last edited by pichlo; 2020-08-19 at 19:43.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Just a news update on the Endless Pro¹ waiting saga.

On July 6th, many (all ?) pre-orderers received this message from Fxtec :
Hello!

We hope you are well and keeping safe.

You’ll be pleased to hear that we have now allocated stock to your order, which is due to be shipped on Thursday/Friday this week. We will send you another email with your shipping information and tracking details in soon, so please keep an eye out for further updates.

We would just like to say thank you so much for your ongoing patience and support, especially over the last few months. It has been tough but we are pushing through & we know the Pro1 will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Team F(x)tec
The suspense was intense, as the journey seemed to come to its end, but no shipping information mail, and hopes began to fade again...

And today : new message from Fxtec !

Hello!

We hope you are well and keeping safe.

We are really sorry about the delay in shipping your device.

Just so that you are aware, we had originally planned to ship your device a couple of weeks ago, but have since been working to resolve a contractual agreement which recently expired, and therefore prevented any Pro1's leaving the factory.

We have now resolved this and renewed the agreement so there will not be any further issues moving forwards. We can confirm that your device will be leaving the factory next week, so keep an eye out for tracking details.

Apologies again for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Team F(x)tec
At this point, I don't know if I should be happy, or prepare myself to wait a couple week again to receive a new "We promise you you will get your phone... soon..." message. :/

When this phone will finally be in my hands, my first action with it will be to call the Guinness Book of Records to ask them to award Fxtec for the world's longest rollercoaster..

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
@n-mi
Wouldn't like to be in their shoes either. Their eagerness to start a new roller-coaster adventure, i.e. new phone project, should be below zero. I do hope so for them, not for us.
And yes, I got those two mails too, I do copy your remarks ... but do all the more thank Chen, Adrian & Co.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It probably has nothing to do with the Fx. I found that too on my Jolla1. The last time I was using it reliably was summer 2019. Tried again in April 202 - it worked for a few minutes, then shut off. Connected devices are still connected but have no internet. One of the recent must have broken it.
I don't have and never had such issue, with Jolla, Jolla C, Xperia X Compact or Pro¹. It might be related to the operator or to the quality of the signal where the phone is located I think.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Why is this thread not showing up except through a DDG search?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit