Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Hi there. Nice product and finally something all n900 fans were asking for a long time. I have one question about the sound quality of the stereo speakers. Will it be comparable to something like an Alcatel Idol 3 ou an samsung s9, or more like a n900, were the speakers are stereo but with low bass? To what can you compare it? Thanks again for all the awesome work
This is a very good questions. To answer it in short, maybe I will do in bullet points:

- We have put 2 identical speakers (SP-1069) into the 2 short sides of the device (Similar to N900, personally really loved)
- Some space was left inside the device around each speaker for the sound resonance.
- Wiring distances were kept the same to the mainboard to ensure they come out the same and get the same current in accurate details.

The above only covers hardware bit. When it is down to sound level, as you said, for instance bass level effect, also related to the algorithm and how it was tuned by software. It depend on the user case and circumstances you use. For example, if you want to have a clearer voice on conference call, it would be tuned to boost the middle of the frequencies instead of top or bottom.

We aim to give a all-round experience with the speakers. Low bass will be looked into, but that will not be the "only" fact to tune the stereo speaker.

P.S: I think on any mobile phone speakers given the size, even if it was tuned to optimise bass level, it won't sound as good as proper speakers...

Edit: Forgot to mention we have included the Qualcomm WSA8810 smart amplifier for dedicated audio decode to give a clearer sound. It haven't been mentioned anywhere but it's included for sure.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2019-02-28 at 23:59.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Congrats Chen. The device looks impressive, and you sure know how high the expectations were. I'll preorder mine now of course, and maybe another one when Sailfish/Leste/Linux run on it.

It has been a great pleasure to follow your work and see the Pro1 come to life. Congratulations again, hope the investment will be worth it and make you rich!

(I want a prototype in my mailbox. Now. Do not argue.)

[Edit] Looking good: 5750 upvotes and 900 comments in 10 hours on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gadgets/com...ers_android_9/

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-03-01 at 21:24.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Hi Chen, could you confirm supported LTE band on Pro1?
Are the details on first post accurate/confirmed?

[*]Used bands:
  • GSM: 2, 3, 5, 8
  • WCDMA: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8
  • CDMA/EVDO: BC0, BC1
  • TD-SCDMA: 34/39
  • TDD-LTE: 38/39/40/41 (100mhz)
  • FDD-LTE: 1, 2/25, 3, 4, 5/26, 7, 8, 12/17, 13, 20, 28
[/LIST]

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Specs are on their homepage, just scroll to the bottom:
https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2019-03-01 at 06:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Regarding SD835...... I have a phone with one. And one with 845. And tablet with 660. And there's no real difference in regular daily use. With demanding games or pure benchmarks, sure. But I'm using sheets in WPS a lot, on 845 phone and 660 tab and its the same speed. Tab is better because of bigger screen so the whole UI is different and easier to work with but even opening 20+ MB PDF files is equally fast on both SoCs.
The rest is within reasonable expectations too.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Hmm, I was surprised to see that the battery is no longer removable

x

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
There are unarguable some downsides. But maybe this one isn't that a big let down. Depending on how the devices are assembled. I hope there is anyway a not to hard way to change the battery if needed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Too high price for my pocket, but I'll certainly wait for a cheaper model. I'm really missing my N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Maybe a 2nd party later at Mosen's kitchen in Germany when the QWERTZ layout is made. Yay!!
This raises to me a question : what will be the planed keyboard layouts ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
It's in the FAQ: QWERTY first, and QWERTZ, AZERTY and Scandic should come later.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit