It all depends on your music..if you currently have under 10GB of music, 16 GB will probably suffice for the next few years..by which time you'll probably be forced to buy an android :'(

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Switzerland
Definitely go for a 64GB!

I have a 16GB black one and I got seriously dissappointed when I tried to move some of my music library to the phone. The point is that you cannot access all of your memory for your own use. The system partitions it into several (for the moment) unchangeable and mostly inaccessible pieces. Therefore there are less than 10GB for music, movies, documents and pictures as far as I remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to MBoogie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North Carolina
It's worth noting that there are other options for your music too. I'm aware of at least two projects to get streaming music services working on the N9, one Amazon and one with Subsonic. The later looks pretty functional too, but does require you to run your own music server.

The Following User Says Thank You to neowolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
http://www.random.org/coins/ or pick the one that matches your needs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
not to sound like a jerk or an ***, but why can people not decide for themselves?

only you know what suits you best and what it is exactly your needs are?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asadkhan1988 For This Useful Post:
Noone is deciding for me Asad .... I'm soliciting opinions .... and all opinions are welcome, constructive or not!!

I'm just trying to gauge from user's own experiences. There is obviously an advantage to having a larger capacity phone. However for some people forking up the extra dough is not always an option. The 64gb wasn't in the picture for me till after I ordered the 16gb ... while I waited all these days for the phone (~ 10 days) the price drop of the 64GB made me contemplate it as an option. Like I said I have the 16gb in hand brand new, and if there are no takers for it locally very soon ... I'll just end up using it! Hope this explains better the reason for my dilemma ....

Like Neowolf mentions, its good to see that there are options for managing music etc for the 16gig version

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to user_nameless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Just go with the 16gb phone. I might have misunderstood, but you sound just like me. I'm not interested to have all my music and movies on the phone. I just copy the videos on the phone that I expect to watch during the next few days or weeks, and the music that's been on my listening rotation. 16gb has been plenty for how I use the phone.

But since there is no way to extend the available space, you should definitely think how much data you want to store in it. From your description it sounds like 16gb will serve you just fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
no 64gb!!!! Please go for the 64gb!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
I bought a 16gb and was so annoyed by the constant notification of being low on storage I sold it and bought a 64gb.. Never again will I buy a 16gb device..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slashd0t For This Useful Post:
Ah, the temptation was too much!!!

My 16GB baby is now in action and already has a software update

I'm just setting up things like email etc now. So so excited ....

I sent myself an email from my comp and for some reason it didn't show up on my standby screen or the notification screen .... I think I've got all the settings right .... any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to user_nameless For This Useful Post: