Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Yes, you can copy the whole directory /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-situations2application

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Thanks! You saved me a heck-of-a-job!

Umm. Is there some problem with bluetooth recognition?

I am tryin to add WHEN situation to be my car BT, but situation does not find anything.

Phone is still connected to car, but still no go.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Umm. Is there some problem with bluetooth recognition?

I am tryin to add WHEN situation to be my car BT, but situation does not find anything.

Phone is still connected to car, but still no go.
Root required to start/stop BT... If you want, you can use my https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...-bt-timer-only for this.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Root required to start/stop BT... If you want, you can use my https://openrepos.net/content/schtur...-bt-timer-only for this.
Thanks for the info, but I donīt think that this is the issue in my situation.

I would like to use my already paired connections on when status.

So WHEN connected to my car, it will set something. (for example wlan off and mobile data on..)

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

So WHEN connected to my car, it will set something. (for example wlan off and mobile data on..)
Ok... For wlan you also need root...

This is likely about the updated Bt stack (bluez5). I'm currently not able to update to it as I only have Jolla 1 to develop & test with.

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Hungary
Hei,

What's the situation with SailfishX?
Will this app work there?

Kiitos,
LVPVS over.

Originally Posted by LVPVS View Post
Hei,

What's the situation with SailfishX?
Will this app work there?

Kiitos,
LVPVS over.
Yes and no. Basically the app works as before. But the latest Sailfish OS update(s) have made it impossible to control Airplane mode and BT & WiFi radio states from the app without running it as root - or without running some external commands that do the root magic instead.

Also, Sailfish X has different BT stack (bluez5) which is not yet supported by Situations, so BT scanning does not work either. I don't have a device to develop & test against, so not sure when it will be available - or if there are any other incompatibilities.

I do have some initial blind bluez5 implementation done in Ubuntu desktop environment, but I have no idea if it works at all on Sailfish, so I need some volunteer(s) to do some (a lot of?) on-device-testing with a completely new but potentially broken and/or incomplete version of the app. Anyone?

Br,
Heikki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Yes and no. Basically the app works as before. But the latest Sailfish OS update(s) have made it impossible to control Airplane mode and BT & WiFi radio states from the app without running it as root - or without running some external commands that do the root magic instead.

Also, Sailfish X has different BT stack (bluez5) which is not yet supported by Situations, so BT scanning does not work either. I don't have a device to develop & test against, so not sure when it will be available - or if there are any other incompatibilities.

I do have some initial blind bluez5 implementation done in Ubuntu desktop environment, but I have no idea if it works at all on Sailfish, so I need some volunteer(s) to do some (a lot of?) on-device-testing with a completely new but potentially broken and/or incomplete version of the app. Anyone?

Br,
Heikki
I can do testings, if I am any good for it?

If you give any info, how do I send logs etc..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations