Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AkiL View Post
Free account. And so far always the same error. Anyway I can get debug out of QSpot?
You need premium account.

Thank you for the feedback, I am happy to hear that you were able to get QSpot to work. I hope you will like it.. It should not be any difference between initial login and subsequent logins. Things like use of proxys and firewalls can cause problems with connecting to the Spotify backend.

Originally Posted by FarmerF View Post
tested on home network and it does work here. *cheers*

Yes premium account, the error i got at work was always the same on 3g and I never got an error on wlan it just stayed at the start screen with the turning green circle thing.

I just tried at home and works now.... possibly there is a difference between first use (new account) and reconnecting? will test wlan at work again tomorrow to see if that works as well now.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You need premium account.
Oh, didn't notice that on the first post. Only now did I see that. Sorry for all the fuss.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Well it probably is some proxy / firewall thing, retested and it still doesn't work here. Not sure why the official client can connect though...

3g works fine now, though I had some problems with it on the road but that most likely is due to the moderate coverage here.

I do have one request. I think pressing pause also stops buffering. So far I have not had a problem with buffering but if the buffer runs out I would like to pause so it can fill up again.

It sounds like some problem with firewall / proxy. I am glad to hear that you got it working over 3G as well. The client buffering buffering works in such way, that it always buffers certain amount of audio data in advance, and if you pause the playback it will stop buffering at some point when the buffer has reached max size (around 35 secs of data at the moment). However, when you resume playback, and the playback nears the end of the buffer, buffering will be automatically resumed. I have considered integrating the buffer size parameters in the client settings section (which is currently under development). Thank you for the feedback!

Originally Posted by FarmerF View Post
Well it probably is some proxy / firewall thing, retested and it still doesn't work here. Not sure why the official client can connect though...

3g works fine now, though I had some problems with it on the road but that most likely is due to the moderate coverage here.

I do have one request. I think pressing pause also stops buffering. So far I have not had a problem with buffering but if the buffer runs out I would like to pause so it can fill up again.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
dont mention it, its in my best interest that you know of any problems I experience with your app

very nice app
I have a problem that it some times stop playing. Need to close the app and then start it again.

I am happy to hear that you like the QSpot.. Your feedback is very valuable so that I will be able to continue to improve it. The problem with playback sometimes stopping is known, it is related to libopenspotify and it is under active investigation. It seems that it happen more frequently on slower internet connections (e.g., 3G). What connection type have you been using when you have experienced problems? And is a re-start always required?

Originally Posted by jlpils View Post
very nice app
I have a problem that it some times stop playing. Need to close the app and then start it again.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If u start a track from playlist or search. there is no way to reach the area where you playing the tracks(with play button) without restart track from playlist/search.

would be nice.

EDIT: found the way buttom right. would be nice with some more ways to aschive this. thx

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-06-10 at 21:59.

It might be that the method of getting back to the "Now Playing" view is not that clear, I will have to think about some alternative approaches. Do you have in mind some other alternative method of achieving this that would be more convenient? Would the addition of e.g., a keyboard shortcut be an alternative?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
If u start a track from playlist or search. there is no way to reach the area where you playing the tracks(with play button) without restart track from playlist/search.

would be nice.

EDIT: found the way buttom right. would be nice with some more ways to aschive this. thx

Tags
premium account, spotify