Originally Posted by rickrvo View Post
the result was:

/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py
INFO:quicknote_gtk:Starting quicknote
INFO:kopfzeile:libkopfzeile, init
INFO:notizen:libnotizen, init
INFO:notizen:load_notes params: pos:-1 noteid:-1
INFO:sync:Sync, init
/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py:205: GtkWarning: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
self._window.show_all()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py", line 484, in <module>
run_quicknote()
File "/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py", line 478, in run_quicknote
app = QuicknoteProgram()
File "/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py", line 206, in __init__
self._load_settings()
File "/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py", line 226, in _load_settings
self.load_settings(config)
File "/usr/lib/quicknote/quicknote_gtk.py", line 231, in load_settings
self._isZoomEnabled = config.getboolean(constants.__pretty_app_name__, "zoom")
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 330, in getboolean
v = self.get(section, option)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ConfigParser.py", line 520, in get
raise NoOptionError(option, section)
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'zoom' in section: 'Quicknote'
~ $
I take it you are running out of Extras? The good news is if its a bug in the app, the fix is already in the pipeline (I removed that code). The bad part is it is still lacking 5 votes from testers for promotion.

what do you mean by running out of Extras?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
what do you mean by running out of Extras?
Sorry, what I mean is you have the "maemo.org" Application Catalog enabled and you got Quicknote through that. This has historically been called "Extras". As part of the QA process for making it into Extras, there are two other Application Catalogs software lands in, Extras-testing and Extras-devel, both of which are not recommended for most users. Sadly a fix for this won't come until my software finishes with the QA process. It is currently blocked by people not volunteering to test it.

people! test this!

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I have been using Quick note as apposed to n900 Tasks (which doesn't support notes or categories) mainly because it launches quickly. I prefer it over Conboy because it is more simple and launches fast.
I can't take advantage of the application because I can't sync my notes with Outlook. That said I would like some feedback on the following idea.

Using Nokia PC suite to sync with my n900 - I see task descriptions (or notes-in palm language) are synced with the n900. (this can be demonstrated by syncing a description and creating a conflicted and setting conflict resolution to favour the Mobile phone.)

Conclusion the Task Description exists on the n900 it just can't be read from teh phone UI.
I also see the n900 database doesn't support categories.

So my idea is: Can Quicknote be modified to read the default Note and Task databases on the n900 and display it as a category inside Quicknote? (this would allow me to edit and modify search and sync my existing notes and tasks with Outlook inside Quicknote - functions not yet available on the n900. )

Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I have been using Quick note as apposed to n900 Tasks (which doesn't support notes or categories) mainly because it launches quickly. I prefer it over Conboy because it is more simple and launches fast.
I can't take advantage of the application because I can't sync my notes with Outlook. That said I would like some feedback on the following idea.

Using Nokia PC suite to sync with my n900 - I see task descriptions (or notes-in palm language) are synced with the n900. (this can be demonstrated by syncing a description and creating a conflicted and setting conflict resolution to favour the Mobile phone.)

Conclusion the Task Description exists on the n900 it just can't be read from teh phone UI.
I also see the n900 database doesn't support categories.

So my idea is: Can Quicknote be modified to read the default Note and Task databases on the n900 and display it as a category inside Quicknote? (this would allow me to edit and modify search and sync my existing notes and tasks with Outlook inside Quicknote - functions not yet available on the n900. )
Very interesting idea. Unfortunately I don't have any of the setup to get the device into the specified state to experiment with accessing Notes. I still think its worth filing an enhancement request in case someone later on can take this on or I later get a way to experiment with this.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
Maybe i have 0.7.10.2.

I think this is a beatiful app, but need an improvement on category management.
Moreover the developer could introduce the full screen mode as is in the RSS Reader.

Excuse me for my english

I already tried to report some maemo bugs, but without success So, please reply me! I have much need this apps.

where can I get the source code? I could use some practice and try to improve it a bit..

also when I open the program and type something and then click add, sometimes it erases the message written and creates a new one.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)

where can I get the source code? I could use some practice and try to improve it a bit..
Source Code
https://garage.maemo.org/scm/?group_id=457
Things that could be improved
https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...knote&content=

also when I open the program and type something and then click add, sometimes it erases the message written and creates a new one.
File a bug report
https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=quicknote

Tags
application, epage, maemo, note, quicknote, text