Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Belgium
Hi

I am using a SIM card from transatel.com. This card should switch operator when I cross the border. There are a few programs on the SIM that are used for that. It works fine on most phones like iPhone, Symbian, an old Samsung, ... However is does not work on the N900 nor is the SIM program accessible through a setting.

Is there a tool for this in a future SW relaese?

Note: doesn't work on G1 either

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by annavp View Post
Hi

I am using a SIM card from transatel.com. This card should switch operator when I cross the border. There are a few programs on the SIM that are used for that. It works fine on most phones like iPhone, Symbian, an old Samsung, ... However is does not work on the N900 nor is the SIM program accessible through a setting.

Is there a tool for this in a future SW relaese?

Note: doesn't work on G1 either
Probably doesn't work because they aren't linux programs, I would imagine.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Belgium
Meaning it is probably never going to work....
I will contact the provider. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by annavp; 2009-12-03 at 22:08.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Considering the Samsung and iPhone are wildly different platforms I doubt it's a "Linux" thing. I would suggest researching what kind of programs it is (there is SIM standard, but didn't know any operator was using this for network management).

I'll check with one of our SIM experts to see if he knows of anything like this. Maybe we "just" (please note the quotes) need to implement a small standard. Or it might mean we need to completely overhaul the smartcard component. Either way, these are parts of the phone which are locked down (do we have the sources for the SIM access?), and thus likely to be hard to implement.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
I have the same problem, and tested with 3 SIM Cards of different GSM carrier here in Brazil.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil

Tags
application, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, program, sim, sim card