Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
Just a heads up for anyone who's interested: Proporta now have a custom N800 case.

https://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P0...260&t_mode=des

I've used their cases in the past on Palm devices and they are very good, although not cheap. They have a flap of aluminium on the cover to give very strong protection for the screen.

It seems to be special at the moment for about £20, although this doesn't show up till late in the order process. They deliver to the States too.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Already posted, but thanks.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post
https://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P0...260&t_mode=des
It seems to be special at the moment for about £20, although this doesn't show up till late in the order process. They deliver to the States too.
I can only see Euro pricing, yet a UK company. The euro price 39.95Euro equated to £27, this was in the shopping basket stage. How late did you get before the price became £20? And have you got one and is it good?

Rich

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Marlow, Bucks
richie - when I go to the site the price is definitely in pounds. I don't know why you are seeing Euros.

The discount appeared to happen after the point where you can enter a promotional code but before I entered a credit card number from memory. I think the £20 may have been net of VAT (I am VAT registered so ussually look at the ex-VAT price).

Anyway, I haven't got one yet, but ordered it on the back of the Palm one I have that looks identical in style. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. The Palm one is a a bit "executive" rather than cool, and I suspect this will be the same.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
it is in USD for me.

try scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting your currency

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
The "Proporta" case for the N800 will be almost $40.00 US dollars, that includes shipping.

I'll wait for reviews.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
These guys are another option:

Nutshell cases

They are a tad expensive but I have been using them for years and they really hold up. I had one lying around from an old Blackberry that fits absolutely perfectly. Unfortunately, I don't remember which one it is as the model number is not marked on it. If you look at the measurements of the N800 and look at the descriptions of the various cases on the web site you can figure it out.

They are really good cases.

Fred

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Here's one more that's on the way soon:

http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=5475

Only $28, and if I had to guess, it will cover the front of the N800 like their 770 case does. I've had multiple PDAir cases, and they are excellent quality for the money.

That Proporta case does look nice, though...especially that aluminum screen protector and the fact that they make a magnetic windshield mount for it...perfect for GPS or audio streaming...

Originally Posted by alvindd View Post
The "Proporta" case for the N800 will be almost $40.00 US dollars, that includes shipping.

I'll wait for reviews.
$39.90 to be exact. A complete waste of money, but I ordered one anyway. It looks like it will be a fine addition to my growing collection of messenger bags and bike panniers. Naturally, they are out of stock until April 6 (estimated due date).

I'm sure that before 2008 arrives I will have at least one other case.

Howard

Received this morning my model 2000 from http://www.calculatorsource.com/, which only cost about $20 ($14 plus shipping and tax), and my N800 fits perfectly. If you're looking for a hard case (waterproof and foam lined) as opposed to a soft case, you might want to check this out.