Poll: whats you next phone after the n900
Poll Options
whats you next phone after the n900

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
But, of course, that's if your goal in life is to write little apps. With the N900, I'm running the same OS on my phone that I'm running on my desktop machines. I absolutely love being able to open a terminal and start editing code in Vim on the N900, in exactly the same way I do on my desktop machines. The freedom to use the machine as a normal Linux box, not just a glorified app launcher, is what sets the N900 apart from the appy phones.
Amen brother!

Preach it like it is. Android is a meaningless stack of trivial crap that people can face blog about on their tweetspace. The N900 was the first step towards truly convergent device. NO OTHER OS does this, only linux can transcend the architectures.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
my next phone is SGS3 in 2012 with 4-core CPU
thinking the same thing here too. hopefully they can contain the battery life with that monster. now just to wait. i waited 6 months for my 900 so it should be easy to wait again. at least this time i like my phone i have currrently (N900)

Originally Posted by cesarcesar View Post
thinking the same thing here too. hopefully they can contain the battery life with that monster. now just to wait. i waited 6 months for my 900 so it should be easy to wait again. at least this time i like my phone i have currrently (N900)
lol what? Quad core? Yeh, battery life is for fa**ots. Check out this game. It ran on a BBC micro, a computer with 4MHz CPU and 16KB of RAM. I cannot really explain how huge elite was (in terms of game space to explore) but trust me it was massive with literally hundreds of galaxies to explore. All of this crammed into 14K of space. Yes. 14K. That lolcat I just downloaded is 10 times bigger. The game was written in assembler in order to exploit the maximum potential from the hardware.

The point is, you can throw as much hardware as you like at a problem, however, in the end it is still a **** OS that runs trivial **** for banal *****s. You can shove android in the trash along with laserdisc and bubble memory.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
sunday my n900 was stolen... monday I got a new "old" one

Originally Posted by sanchdaniel View Post
exactly how i feel. ill upgrade once i feel their is a true upgrade to EVERYTHING the n900 has. no compromises.
Have you comprimised yet?

I have. Lumia 920. No removeable batt. no Keyboard. no FM transmitter. Not as much fun or to multitask. No tmobile support (except the dev phone. I feel lucky to have gotten my hands on one) Not as configurable. No maemo community. So many nots... however, you better beleive microsoft and NOKIA BOTH will make sure this baby gets the support it needs to 1 keep nokia a float and 2 give MS a real stake in the mobile industry. Official support alone is almost worth it. There are many plus but i will miss my n900.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Amen brother!

Preach it like it is. Android is a meaningless stack of trivial crap that people can face blog about on their tweetspace. The N900 was the first step towards truly convergent device. NO OTHER OS does this, only linux can transcend the architectures.
convergence. MS and NOKIA with wp8 and windows 8.