Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Delaware,US
Anyone else notice this?

with skype active and minimized, the screen never dims

so much for mobile voip.... can't make phone calls with a dead battery

Scype active and minimized and my screen dims after 1 minute, no problem. Maybe you have other issues.

I guess... just installed new OS and skype and canola...nothing else

screen seems to dim fine with skype not running, only get this problem with skype on.

Anybody else having this issue?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I opened bug #1639 for this and just added a second data point... fundamentally the screen remains on full illumination from the point a call is received or initiated, and the inactivity timer is never reset back to normal once the call is terminated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
thanks for the validation of me not being crazy Milhouse. Time to start the countdown for the next update i guess

Last edited by WhatsTheScience; 2007-07-11 at 17:48.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
It happened to me once.... i rebooted and since then never had that problem!!

Funny... I was just working on this problem too.
Seems like after I changed the settings on the dim control everything was fine again so I ignored it. I changed mine to 1Min full, 1Min dim, and lock on screen off. Verified it was dimming and auto locking properly.

so basically the only way to use skype is to turn on the n800, use skype, turn off the n800, turn the n800 back on, load skype and await phone calls. Once phone calls are received or made, reboot and reload skype.

sounds like fun

Originally Posted by DryLand404 View Post
Funny... I was just working on this problem too.
Seems like after I changed the settings on the dim control everything was fine again so I ignored it. I changed mine to 1Min full, 1Min dim, and lock on screen off. Verified it was dimming and auto locking properly.
That makes sense, i guess re-setting the auto-dim feature resets whatever skype unset when used.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I've found that going into the Control Panel -> Display applet and modifying the dim interval (ie. change your current "Dim" interval to something else and then change it back to your preferred interval, then click OK) will get the display dimming again.

Not ideal, but better than a reboot.

I'm not holding my breath for an early fix to this problem either.

Vote it up in Bugzilla if you have this problem (that means all of you using Skype! )