Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Has anyone tried upgrading to OTA 3.3.0 SFOS yet? any issues to be aware?
Timeline is the same for every SFOS update:

- SFOS release gets out of EA
- SFOS release has to hit OBS making it possible to work with it
- I have to check out updated libhybris, kernel. Compile and upload to OBS
- I have to check which other packages are updated that were compiled for Tama separately
- build new version
- test new version
- you can update

As you can see, we are not clear in the first section yet. By updating before, you risk using with wrong library versions which may have some consequences.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Whit that said on the process from @rinigus, I did test upgrading to 3.3.0.14 on my XZ3. Flatpack ran as it should atleast.

Originally Posted by ljo View Post
Whit that said on the process from @rinigus, I did test upgrading to 3.3.0.14 on my XZ3. Flatpack ran as it should atleast.
Flatpak should run on 3.2 if you are on Sony XZ3. we had hybris updates already way before (Jan?). Except lipstick was not supporting multiple flatpak-runner instances. maybe that's resolved now

@rinigus Sorry for being unclear. I just meant it was not broken. I have been running it from day 1. It works as before upgrade ...

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Hey for now I unlocked bootloader and downgraded to android pie, but I'm stuck to flash xperia xz3 on opensuse linux. When executing "sudo bash ./flash.sh"

Get error that fastboot missing (I have all required files in same folder including android platform tools). There isn't android fastboot tools for opensuse, so I forced to install "android platformtools" So I'm confused.

I have been read flash.md from github.

Originally Posted by Korkkiruuvi View Post
Hey for now I unlocked bootloader and downgraded to android pie, but I'm stuck to flash xperia xz3 on opensuse linux. When executing "sudo bash ./flash.sh"

Get error that fastboot missing (I have all required files in same folder including android platform tools). There isn't android fastboot tools for opensuse, so I forced to install "android platformtools" So I'm confused.

I have been read flash.md from github.
Welcome! You need to have `fastboot` in your path. Sounds like you may get it via https://en.opensuse.org/Android_Tools

If you do have fastboot in the same folder, add `.` to your PATH.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Welcome! You need to have `fastboot` in your path. Sounds like you may get it via https://en.opensuse.org/Android_Tools

If you do have fastboot in the same folder, add `.` to your PATH.
In the beginning my linux skills are very limited unfortunately.

Actually I downloaded and extracted from https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools

When typed just "sudo fastboot devices", command not found. But when "sudo ./fastboot devices" works. So I' can't follow your instructions.

In the beginning my linux skills are very limited unfortunately.

Actually I downloaded and extracted from https://developer.android.com/studio...platform-tools

When typed just "sudo fastboot devices", command not found. But when "sudo ./fastboot devices" works. So I' can't follow your instructions.
Understood. You may try to do as follows, but you probably would like to understand what's going on as well.

In this case, you need to become root, change to the directory with the files, adjust PATH and flash after that.

To become root: sudo -i

In root environment, if your files are in /home/foo/bar, set path to

export PATH=/home/foo/bar:$PATH

after that change to the directory /home/foo/bar, still as root, and start the flashing

bash ./flash

Let us know how it goes and/or if something is not clear.

I followed your commands and I succesfully started flashing process. For now I'm stuck on Sailfish tutorial (step 3) where home screen is hugely zoomed and therefore unable to select gallery app. Other pages like events seems ok.

I didn't flashed vbmeta because seems that flashing script did that already.

I followed your commands and I succesfully started flashing process. For now I'm stuck on Sailfish tutorial (step 3) where home screen is hugely zoomed and therefore unable to select gallery app. Other pages like events seems ok.

I didn't flashed vbmeta because seems that flashing script did that already.
If there would be issue with vbmeta, you wouldn't be able to boot.

As for zoom, maybe others with XZ3 can help you out...