Yesterday I have made following operations:
1. I have installed application Blessn900 using Application Manager, but picture made by this program was incorrect (split into 3 parts)
2. So I preinstalled fcam-drivers (with the older version than this installed previuosly) and fcam-dev.
3. According to the message shown during drivers installation I've tried to reboot my Nokia N900. So I switched it off and tried to power it up again. The phone turned on but only to the moment when picture "NOKIA" appears on the screen. And then it freezes. I can't do anything, any button is working. To switch it off I must remove the battery. When I plug N900 to the charger, red LED is on all the time (not blinkinkg like during charging).
4. I've read that I can flash NAND memory using flasher 3.5, but when I connect N900 to USB holding u key (to set flash mode) the usb icon in upper right corner of the screen is shown for only about 1 minute and then disappears).

So I have 3 questions:

A. What may have happend ?
B. How to repair it ?
C. Is there any way to flash my N900 without losing all applications installed ?

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Flashing N900 you will lose all installed applications.
what is the reason you don't want to lose them? you can always reinstall?

As a side note, next time you play with 'dangerous' software, remember to make backups first.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
You could try flashing only kernel or even booting kernel via usb cable - also on your PC you may want to try pali's 0xFFFF instead of default flasher (maybe it will work if flasher doesn't).

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
You could try flashing only kernel or even booting kernel via usb cable .

Could you please describe how to do this? Using flasher 3.5 with -l option or in different way?

Thank you very much for your time.
Regards

One more question. What about installed previously applications if I will flash only kernel? Many of my applications were installed a long time ago, so I do not have iinstallation files to do it again.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Flashing kernel only will not touch your applications or data.

I used rescueOS by NIN101 and it works! I have a question: is there any chance to uninstall f-cam drivers after mounting maemo root? Maybe it can help without flashing whole device?