Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Like...when is it time to take Jolla to court
Are you serious?

It seems to me that you believe you purchased a Jolla Tablet when what you actually did was make a donation towards a crowd funding campaign which for whatever reason turned out to be unsuccessful.

Jolla is not legally obliged to refund donations yet they are doing it anyway despite their financial difficulties. In the case of juiceme they even offered him the tablet even though he rejected the refund. An actual scammer would have taken his donation and offered the tablet to the next one in the list who requested a refund.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Are you serious?

It seems to me that you believe you purchased a Jolla Tablet when what you actually did was make a donation towards a crowd funding campaign which for whatever reason turned out to be unsuccessful.

Jolla is not legally obliged to refund donations yet they are doing it anyway despite their financial difficulties. In the case of juiceme they even offered him the tablet even though he rejected the refund. An actual scammer would have taken his donation and offered the tablet to the next one in the list who requested a refund.
No, he does not understand that. Or, at least, has spent a large deal of time and effort giving that impression.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Guys Do you know when enough is enough?

Like...Jolla got the money but still refuse to refund us even though they said it many months ago.
Like...Me posting over here even though Jolla completely ignored it.
Like...people destroying the planet just to save time...
Like...when is it time to take Jolla to court
Like...
Only one thing I can say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPQBL7PNhs

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Are you serious?

There are more parties than our little crowdfunding saga. Why did you think Jolla ran to court to save the company?

I support Jolla and their plans to do the refund otherwise it would be easy to bail out via credit card company that many have already done.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-09 at 20:18.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
On a related note I just saw this.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/05/09/pay...dfunding-cash/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post

Great. We need to share info like that.

Maybe we should brand it crowdscaming from now on.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-09 at 20:32.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post

I'd say this is good and fair.
People should know that crowdfunding is an investment with a hefty risk potential; most of the projects never deliver the original target of the campaign.

"if you are not willing to kiss the money goodbye, don't invest"

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'd say this is good and fair.
People should know that crowdfunding is an investment with a hefty risk potential; most of the projects never deliver the original target of the campaign.

"if you are not willing to kiss the money goodbye, don't invest"
No arguments there. What would be good if the CF sites had a rating system of the people behind it so users could rate away real scammers, and failers from the successful users.

Since the crowdfunders can say anything and have absolutely no accountability to speak the truth or even try to produce what they say... the sites should atleast have the option to vote or comment the user/company behind it

so threads like this is important so that failed campaigns don't get away with it. It must cost to fail...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-09 at 21:11.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No arguments there. What would be good if the CF sites had a rating system of the people behind it so users could rate away real scammers, and failers from the successful users.

Since the crowdfunders can say anything and have absolutely no accountability to speak the truth or even try to produce what they say... the sites should atleast have the option to vote or comment the user/company behind it
Normal people also fail campaigns - scammers can be in the manufacturing procesa that they depend on. Or should we rate them too? Let's rate the world before it is too late! Then every investment will be risk free.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Normal people also fail campaigns - scammers can be in the manufacturing procesa that they depend on. Or should we rate them too? Let's rate the world before it is too late! Then every investment will be risk free.
You are right anything could happen. You can probably come up billions of scenarios. But freedom of speech and consumer power is important and the company/name behind the campaign is the one getting the money so...that is the only valid option in my book.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund