Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
My keyboard are falling a part, even after I try and fix them. So I haven't use it as my main phone for over a month now . This particular model has a broke chip which is responsible for triggering the on screen keyboard.

So I have little recourse at this point. But will try to fix it eventually, just don't' want to lose a key when outside and they fall off easy.

So rocking my pinephone with manjaro phosh as a daily. trying to get sailfish, mobian, and maemo leste running well.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nope. Not at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
June 2022 and still using the N900 I bought early 2015. Thing is starting to die though, the USB port has seen better days and I lose signal once in a while.
I finally decided to retire that N900 a few months ago, the USB port is completely ****ed at this point.

Grabbed one of my spares, flashed Kernel-Power on it and restored my backup.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
I am missing the size of the n900. It suck having a bigger phone peeking out your pocket or just not feeling comfy in them.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I am missing the size of the n900. It suck having a bigger phone peeking out your pocket or just not feeling comfy in them.

N900 has the thickness of 3 modern phones on top of each other mate. I’m pretty sure that if you get let’s say an iPhone 13 mini, even though a bit taller, it’ll feel like you have nothing in your pocket compared to a n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jul 2021 @ Blueberry World
My second N900 apparently had a broken OSK sensor too, so now it's always on keyboard mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danct12 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
N900 has the thickness of 3 modern phones on top of each other mate. I’m pretty sure that if you get let’s say an iPhone 13 mini, even though a bit taller, it’ll feel like you have nothing in your pocket compared to a n900.
You're assuming OP is impressed by thinner phones, but that is evidently not the case. In fact they specifically said they 'miss the size of the N900.'

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
You're assuming OP is impressed by thinner phones, but that is evidently not the case. In fact they specifically said they 'miss the size of the N900.'

Well, he was talking about his pocket specifically.
And I know for a fact that having a brick in your pocket won’t feel as good as a 7.something mm phone. Unless of course you get a huge device like OP said (hanging out of his pocket), that’s why I mentioned the mini in my example

The Following User Says Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Well, he was talking about his pocket specifically.
And I know for a fact that having a brick in your pocket won’t feel as good...
That depends on what you call a "brick". I know for a fact that the N900 felt better in my pocket than any 5" brick I tried ever since, however thin they might have been.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I do appreciate the thought nikos523 and suggestions for me. However like sicelo and pichlo alluded to, it more about the size of the length and wide of the device. The thickness is mostly less of an issue for me. I find the long phones make it so sitting down with it in your pocket or riding a bike is either not possible or uncomfortable. I've notice more people just holding their phones these days, at first I though it was main to keep looking at the addictive nature of the dings , but also understand now that it's just easier to carry it vs always taking it in and out of a tight space.

I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to buy any phone I can want, but I'm trying to avoid locked in centrally controlled software. So iOS will never really work for me, and in that way neither does android or any of the ASOF derivative ROMs, since they all af as I know still rely heavily on google to move the core forward.

The pinephone has been okay most of the times. But can break or needs tweaking more then the n900 at this point. As your only phone you need something reliable and the Pinephone is almost there for basic stuff. To me iOS and android are dead-end tech for my needs. So I help other with them and stay abreast of them, but refuse to adopt them. It makes life less convenient, but so far still worth it.

Yeah, that what happen to mine too ... weird! I guess they wren't design to last decades
Originally Posted by Danct12 View Post
My second N900 apparently had a broken OSK sensor too, so now it's always on keyboard mode.

I am playing with the idea of a sailfish phone as a compromise for a mostly working OS on a android device without most of the android stuff (beside the blobs and Jolla control). Still seeing if that actually a viable solution.

I mostly need a new keyboard to make my n900 used able again and to fix the usb on the other back up. But @epninety was kind enough to offer one of there devices to me, I might take them up on that . @Maemish, you don't have any QWERTY keyboards left huh?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900