Dude, please turn it off. I can't stop watching it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
seems that there are android marketers lurking these forums, in a feeble attempt to kill maemo...but you didn't hear that from me.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
seems that there are android marketers lurking these forums, in a feeble attempt to kill maemo...but you didn't hear that from me.
I personally think they all came from Area51 and used alien technology to clone themselves into multiple characters in this forum.

I also believe some of them are in close contact with Obama and Bush, and may also have had something to do with 9/11.

And the moon landing was staged in an empty parking lot behind Area51.

And Darwin was the missing link, he used to ride dinosaurs around easter island, chiseling big stones.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
YOU FOOL! Android markets itself... in the open... EXPOSED!

PROOF! The ANDROID FLASHER exists!!!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
[QUOTE]
Archos SUCKS!
Can you elaborate, comrade?

[QUOTE]

I got an archos tablet like a few years back.....second generation.

it's cheap but you have to pay extra to do anything extra.

The battery life was the worst....and it kept rebooting for a second generation device.

it's simple really...u get what u pay for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I hope you're not referring to me -- who admittedly posts in this thread a lot.

Just to set the record straight once and for all:

I have zero affiliation with Samsung, have never knowingly met another Samsung staff member, nor have gotten even a single red cent from them. If they're a public company, I don't own any stock, and if they are not, it goes to show how little I actually know about the corporate structure. Worst of all? I don't own a Samsung mobile product (I do have a Sammy printer, though).

Truthfully, I would easily give Samsung heat if they released a crap product, or more accurately, a product that I thought was crap, and I would have no hesitation to recommend another product if I deemed it better -- or better suited for a particular target.

I will state that I am very pleased with what I'm seeing come out of Samsung these days. For tablets, phones, (and recently laptops), it just so happens that this company is considering the user experience to a high degree when preparing its products, and releasing high quality devices. More, it is being largely competitive with Apple who has held a monopoly on consistently quality industrial design and well-balanced products for over a decade now. Not all ideas are original, but they don't have to be, they just have to be pleasing to their target. What's not to be enamored with?

I *do* have something against Maemo. Ok, perhaps not the OS, which is quite adequate and shows promise, but the project that develops it. Sure the community is great, but it was given up for dead 3 times now, and it seems to be largely abandoned. Don't get me wrong, I'd probably still be using Maemo if things had gone differently, but alas, they hadn't. I'm very weary of Nokia these days, and they have dropped in ranking from #1 in my eyes, to a notch behind new market competitors. As open goes, give me Ubuntu on a mobile device and I'll gladly embrace it -- at least I have confidence that it will be supported for longer than 1 year before being scrapped.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Here's an interesting article on how to use the Amazon Android Appstore outside of the US:

http://android.stackexchange.com/que...ported-region/

The trick? Tor (The Onion Router). Why didn't I think of that?!

Now go get your free copy of Angry Birds Rio before the offer is taken down!

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-03-25 at 11:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Woah! This is shocking.

It seems that Sony Ericsson is upgrading the X10 to v2.3!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/25/x...-rub-our-eyes/

I could have sworn the the X10 (which is a nice handset) was left4dead.

According to CNET, the iPad2 wins out over the Motorola Xoom in one of their 'prize fights'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEH9rMwY9pY

I agree with them for the final verdict based on their criteria, though they made a few technical mistakes that somewhat invalidate certain points -- eg. giving an edge to the Xoom's performance over the iPad.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2011-03-25 at 12:58.

Can someone enlighten me on this blackberry playbook running android apps thing. I see this as a very good result for RIM. I can also see it being a good result for android app developers but is it also meant to be a good result for Android/Google?

If someone is looking for a tablet and finds out the playbook runs both android apps and blackberry app world apps isn't there a risk the person would go for a playbook rather than an android tablet which is limited to android apps? We have already learnt from the time ios has been around how important the number of available apps is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy