I recently got a 4G ready GiffGaff SIM card for my Jolla. Giff Gaff is an MVO that uses the UK O2 network. I am not part of GiffGaff's 4G trial, therefore I am on their 3G tariff (but the SIM is 4G ready).

After inserting the SIM the phone does not pick up on the network. It does list UK O2 as an available network in SYSTEM > MOBILE NETWORK. However, when I select it Sailfish says "oops, something appears to be wrong".

I have set Network mode to "prefer 2G" and "prefer 3G" and still it does not pick up the O2-UK network.

I have run the CSD test app on the Jolla and looked at the RF function checks:

2G = offline - 0dBm
3G = offline - 0dBm
4G = offline - 0dBm

As a last resort I did a full reset. I then gradually re-upgraded to the latest version of the OS and still not network connection.

I asked to receive the Connman hotfix, and upgraded to that and still not connection.

I'm at a total loss. GiffGaff support connect help me. I raised a ticket with Jolla care and they couldn't help me either.

I could switch to using a different network such as Vodafone, EE, Virgin Mobile or numerous others. In fact I have tried a standard O2 SIM card from my wife's phone and that works fine. I have also tried a 4G ready Vodafone SIM (on a business contract) and that too works OK. It's just my GiffGaff SIM that works. I would really like to get it working as GiffGaff provide the most competitive prices in the UK.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Kaustav

am on giffgaff and working perfectly here. get a 4G sim that may make it work

Couldn't get gg internet to work on my N900.

Have you tried the gg forum?
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/for...t=View+Results

i also have an n900 and GG internet worked fine, how are you setting it up?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It seems You are not alone with gifgaf issues, it may not be related to the phone at all ?
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Con...mbit&xid=78888