Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
More than the time it took to get me bored of Android!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am looking forward to playing soon.....

------------------------------------------------

date Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Hello,
This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to receiving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not always included), if you chose UPS shipping you should receive your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days.

We want to thank you for sticking with the Pandora project for all this time. We hope you will enjoy the final product. You can head over to gp32x.com to talk on the forums and soon enjoy your Pandora.

Thanks so much,

Craig and the Pandora team.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Pandora was nice gadget about 2 years ago, at that time it was a good community driven project but it has been constantly tainted because of bashing they have been doing to gamepark holdings.

The fundings have been very obscure, shady bussiness practices and now pandora express, you get your pandora in a short time when there are other people on the queue who bought it more than a year ago.

Originally Posted by xabier View Post
Pandora was nice gadget about 2 years ago, at that time it was a good community driven project but it has been constantly tainted because of bashing they have been doing to gamepark holdings.

The fundings have been very obscure, shady bussiness practices and now pandora express, you get your pandora in a short time when there are other people on the queue who bought it more than a year ago.
I bought my pandora in october of 2008 not sure what you're talking about?

I will make my own projects, I just need some hardware, and I can't wait until it gets here.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

It's not bad to play with, it's like a tiny workhorse, and receiving it now after 2 years is like a late Xmas present. PB, I'm glad you're in... Let me know of your hacks - you're going to turn it as a glove, aren't you Also beware the ac adapter is junk - mine is already dead, and another fellow's one seems to explode: charge the Pandora through usb or take a good quality psp charger, 5V 2A.

Well I am excited, I have not really followed the project at all. It just made me mad. Now that its coming, I am like a kid, I cant wait for it to arrive. I am very much looking forward to playing with the pandora.

People said the same thing about the n800/n810 running QT and KDE, its not really usable, it just a toy. To those who ran it full time, and used a bt mouse, and usb joysticks and Koffice, and cups printing, and cd/DVD burning it was better than the original interface. While this may not what everyone wants, its exactly what I am looking for.

It is already easily overclockable (there's a xfce menu voice for that). Mine goes happily up to 1 GHz (crashes at 1.1 GHz). Flash 10.1 from ti works better than on the n900. The pnd package system is a good thing: embeds the application package in a single file which stays on the sd card and gets attached and detached from the root filesystem at your will.
So long for now... Waiting for your P to get home!

You're very lucky indeed! I'm waiting for mine.

What kind of battery life are you getting at 1ghz?

Is it auto switching up to 1Ghz, or only selectable?

Man I wish it was shipping UPS, it says AIR 2-12 days

Battery life has pros and cons. When on and operating, the device has a very low energy consumption. I haven't brought it to charge zero yet in my use pattern (it's only 2 weeks I've been playing with it) but it seems that the 10 hours use promise is true. On the other hand, when it's suspended to ram, it still consumes enough energy (it's clocked to 14 MHz according to its engineers) to suck the 4000 mAh battery in about 24 hours. So use it or turn it off! At least until they find a way to lower current consumed in sleep state. The bootstrap time isn't particularly long, indeed, apart for the first time.
One thing you should do when you get it is update to the latest version of the nand firmware. It's a breeze: you download it as a zip file, expand it to the root of a sd card, place it in the left slot, turn the pandora on with right shoulder button pressed, and when you get a boot menu, you choose to boot from the card - this flashes the firmware to the internal nand.
Then, you can transfer the firmware to the left sd card, if you like. I think it's better, to spare the nand use cycles and to have much more space for it. Instructions are on the wiki - it's easy even if slow, and I had no issues with that. Presently, my firmware is again on the nand, because it's the RC1 of the new version, and I'll move it on the sd card again when it's final.
Concerning clock speed, you have the option of choosing lower and upper limits of clock, upper limit of cpu voltage, and initial clock when booting. If boot crashes, the subsequent one gets reset to 600 MHz. You can also change max clock on the run through a menu command with a slider.