Active Topics

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
He is more than welcomed here. You misunderstood my intention with my comment.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
the thing I don't understand about the official Nokia case for the N800 is that it is not, IMO, a case! I just looks like a flap the fastens on the back (somehow) and folds down over the screen. There is no protection or covering for the sides at all.

Actually, I was hoping you all would just send your ATm cards with the PIN #. You are correct in your assessment of my junior status, and i bow to your seniorness. But, really I do not look to inflame anyone, I am posting a finding of a case that I feel would benefit others. I posted to get some feedback to see if others would be intrested, I know I have looked on this site since the N800 release for possible cases that aren't too big or too flimsy , and have until now had no luck. But hay, I'm just a junior member so what the hell would I know. So, I'll just keep my case to my selfish self.

If I were to sell it, It would be through ebay and paypal would be the only payment accepted and only to confirmed addresses. i am way to suspicious of people and want to cover my you know what.

Anyway, spam away.........

Originally Posted by drdoom16 View Post
Actually, I was hoping you all would just send your ATm cards with the PIN #.
Funny as hell.

So, I'll just keep my case to my selfish self.
Bully for you dude.

If I were to sell it, It would be through ebay and paypal would be the only payment accepted and only to confirmed addresses. i am way to suspicious of people and want to cover my you know what.
Moot point now I guess, but I can understand you

You can expect it. Not from me, but it will probably come

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
drdoom16, be a man (or woman) and don't get offended by overprotective seniors where are you on eBay?

Still no picture of the case? By the way, this is what I'm currently using (from Case Logic):

Case Logic PLT-2

It fits quite well, with mounting braces that holds the N800 in place. The brace that holds the top side of the device is a bit tight (due to that side being thicker), but apart from that it's quite ideal.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by drdoom16 View Post
Actually, I was hoping you all would just send your ATm cards with the PIN #. You are correct in your assessment of my junior status, and i bow to your seniorness. But, really I do not look to inflame anyone, I am posting a finding of a case that I feel would benefit others. I posted to get some feedback to see if others would be intrested, I know I have looked on this site since the N800 release for possible cases that aren't too big or too flimsy , and have until now had no luck. But hay, I'm just a junior member so what the hell would I know. So, I'll just keep my case to my selfish self.

Man, I don't get that response at ALL.

Anyway, I vote no more flaming, bickering, hypersensitivity or whining and we all act like mature adults, ie:

1. Docdoom drops the vaporous propaganda in favor of posting HARD data that helps us make an informed decision;
2. No one criticizes a guy for the fact that he's offering a possibly welcome service to people who are definitely interested

Can we do that?

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-03-09 at 22:37.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Couldn't agree more Texrat, it is a two way process. I have a feeling though that DrDoom16 was scared away already...

I think the guy made a feeler to see if anyone was interested. Blam!!!!! He gets insulted by someone. Why insult someone that is apparently trying to do a favor? Who knows? Maybe they were not loved enough or are of the snobbish sort. Then the dude defends himself, only to be talked down to. So it would seem that the rules are: take getting offended and don't defend yourself and you will be fine. Great policy.

Anyway, another one bites the dust. Pretty soon only the elitist few will be left.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
I for one, was interested to see what the case was like. Hopefully we get the chance.
I also don't understand the way the OP was treated by some !