Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The darkness of the screen inspite of the flash may suggest that it is an AMOLED screen.... but not sure. 800x480 AMOLED would be mind blowing!
Err... there is a protector (two, actually) on the screen so don't get carried away just yet

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry for the earthquakes this morning, boys and girls.

It takes a lot to make a 350 pound man jump up and down... but the RX-51 was more than enough to make it happen.

Ugh... gotta find some way to get to Maemo Summit. Gotta.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
With that kind of simplified keyboard, I guess it's actually targeted at the same audience as N97. Bummer.
But of course that was obvious when there was the HUGE discussion and back-and-forth about the fact that it was including a phone in the new tablet - which to many users was a dilution of the geek target audience. Nokia is trying to sell to the most common market denominator - the ordinary user - and that is OK.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm going to go the opposite way... it looks clunky and it has a smaller screen than the NIT's.

A forward facing camera... et al. If used, then will get my attention. The keyboard, I'm not a fan of, no d-pad... definitely a loss to me. None of those were surprises, but seeing them now... I'm not too enthusiastic. But the space being under the thumb... I can live with that. In fact, that's a plus.

I just know that the price will be insane unsubsidized. $700 (almost) for the lesser powered N97. This will be a wallet-buster.

But the 5mp camera? That's one of the biggest pluses.

3.5 inch screen
3.5 inch screen
3.5 inch screen
3.5 inch screen
3.5 inch screen
3.5 inch screen

Only if my mind can cope this in and run stable, we then have an outstanding/exceptional/magnificent/bombastic

*fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks*
*fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks*
*fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks*
*fireworks* *fireworks**fireworks**fireworks*
*fireworks* *fireworks* *fireworks*
*fireworks* *fireworks*
*fireworks*

device

The Following User Says Thank You to aikon800 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
But the 5mp camera? That's one of the biggest pluses.
Not only the 5MPix camera, but as far as I know this should serve as a good video camera as well. I have been waiting long time to find a "all in one" device that also takes decent video. (I'm tired of carrying a separate video camera during our vacation trips etc...)

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Not only the 5MPix camera, but as far as I know this should serve as a good video camera as well. I have been waiting long time to find a "all in one" device that also takes decent video. (I'm tired of carrying a separate video camera during our vacation trips etc...)
You are still waiting?? Do you mean "you" as a community member?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I missed my chance to own an N93i - I wanted it for that purpose... good camera with video.

But as it stands, it needs to also support codecs that I use. And Ogg Theora is not one I use. I'm just saying.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
You are still waiting?? Do you mean "you" as a community member?
Exactly... I have been kicked out from "the know" people several months ago... Therefore I can comment and speculate a lot more freely than before.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Any one else notice that the video out cable only has 2 connectors? Video and one sound channel. I would've liked to see stereo out instead of just mono. Great for presentations, maybe watching a movie on a lower end hotel TV. Or if they are thinking presentations, will the video out even support a decent frame rate for watching movies?

Tags
fremantle, iphone killer, n900, rover, rx-51