Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Hi all, I've modded the default .config kernel file for Jolla. Before compile everything... what do u think?

I know that this is a silent kernel (no logs if something go wrong) and insecure (a lot of security options turned off) but I would like to know if there is something missing like drivers or things that things that I can remove since I do not care about security and other stuff.

Ty.
Attached Files
File Type: gz config.gz (19.9 KB, 76 views)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
Hi all, I've modded the default .config kernel file for Jolla. Before compile everything... what do u think?

I know that this is a silent kernel (no logs if something go wrong) and insecure (a lot of security options turned off) but I would like to know if there is something missing like drivers or things that things that I can remove since I do not care about security and other stuff.
I am not entirely sure on what config you have based your modifications. However it looks to me like it is not going to boot correctly on your Jolla device, since even the basics like CPU type seem to be wrong and so many of the required options are missing.

Please see the original config, for example from here: https://github.com/juiceme/sailfisho.../sbj_defconfig

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Aprils fool ?
Could be, but in that case I fail to see whats so funny about it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Aprils fool ?
Lol didn't notice that I posted it on the 1st of april LOL. Btw no it's a real project, but... I'm not a "pro", I used to compile kernel on my PC for my PC, this is the first time that i attemp a compile on ARM. And btw this "project" is really simple, is only a mod of the config file, nothing compared to kernel-power or things like that.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
... However it looks to me like it is not going to boot correctly on your Jolla device, since even the basics like CPU type seem to be wrong and so many of the required options are missing...
Juiceme can u be more specific?

Originally Posted by Vento View Post
Juiceme can u be more specific?
Well, first look at the current config, either in the link I posted or copy the running-kernel-config from your devices /proc/config.gz

Then you need a cross-compiling environment for arm kernel, or you can compile it in the device itself.

and last but not least, the kernel sources.