ask nokia via twitter. they might know something about a massive recall if there is one...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloudstrife1ph For This Useful Post:
If you are not experiencing any problems with your 64GB N9, hang on to it. It's unlikely Nokia is going to add in some goodies before giving you back.

I still find it strange that they did not give you a reason or a reference about the recall. They must have, even if it's something very vague like "hardware issue" or "battery improvement" etc

The Following User Says Thank You to dolphins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
The problem appears to be that it is made in Finland. Everything is supposed to be made in China these days. they must have released a beautifully hand crafted one made in Finland by mistake and now they want it back!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
They are sending a new one in mail with a pre paid delivery box for me to send this current device back. So basically I could have both of the devices at the same time on my hands. They also encouraged to make backups very often. But still, this one hasn't even crashed at all, so I'm not sure if the recall is really needed.
N810 had problems with built in sdcard if I remember correctly. It was adviced to reformat it before use to prevent data loss. Maybe this is the case again, but just worse eg. bad batch of flash memory chips.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Maybe just take the replacement phone and keep your old one in addition, so you have a spare one if needed

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
at OP: If it really looks official, just take time to confirm you are not the only person receiving this treatment before you send your current device back to "Nokia".

Your fully functional old N9 64GB might be a special one.

Ran un-delete on the MMC partition already?

Maybe you'll find the roadmap for the next 2 decades, source code of Maemo 5/6, including drivers.

Nokia could possibly mess up in our advantage too, you know

Maybe it used to be Elop's and has a low profile built in broadcasting HW uplink to MS Headquarters for use during MeeGo progress meetings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Is there somewhere we can register our Nokia N9s with at Nokia? My N9 was't bought through a carrier so they've no way of knowing I have one.

If they're doing recalls based on serial numbers then I'd like to be notified. My N9 is working just fine except for the minor nuisance of the dark room/black spot problem. If that's the reason for the recall and they have a fix for it, then bring on the replacements! Otherwise I'll hang on to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Some people who got this recalling notice (i haven't got it, and have a 64G model) contacted nokia directly, and they confirmed that this was a legit recalling of a small amount.

the reason they were given was, that a batch of the phones had been stored in a place where the environment had gone over their specced limits (ie. humidity or temperature problem at the storage facility)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
shame.... I was hoping for something more ... conspiracylike. : P