Notices

Hello Canola devs!

Firstly I would like to congratulate you for the amazing job you're doing! thx!

I know is too soon for asking about plugins, but I have the following question:

will be only plugins to interact with the multimedia apps? I mean, plugins to fetch covers, lyrics, generate thumbnails, etc or perhaps a complete framework to develop small apps?

I like to develop a small app for flashcards and I think Canola is the perfect environment to do it. It renders the fonts beautifully and the transitions are really smooth and fast, I think you guys did the best option choosing EFL and python to develop Canola!

So this could be done?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Biquillo,

Ulisses (Ulissesf) our lead architect is doing the last work on what we would call the "beta" of the third party plugins.

The goal is of course to give you space to create an small applet inside canola or if you just want to make a options menu item inside Audio, you can also do it.

So yes, it does fits your needs (at least in our plans) and I would be happy to add you to our list if we decided to first release a documentation /examples for some devs to see if we can find blocking bugs.

We will let you know, but just for the records :

youtube plugin and I think also the upnp plugin will be open sourced examples used as documentation for that.

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org