Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Thanx so much for the constant updates you and your team have been providing us all with. I too eagerly await the addition of the video podcast implementation and hopefully either with this bug fix or with the final release the DL (podcast/video cast) option won't time-out or error out so frequently. Thanks again for your continued efforts.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Dburr, this is a surprise still =) maybe yes.. maybe not =) it only depends on the 770 software being nice to our build for him =)))

Box : not in this fix, as I said we are adding features to the podcast now, so some of them will be on the next release (feature release) that our plan is to release in maximum 3 weeks. Once the update is out..we will also launch the roadmap for the next 2 releases so you will be able to keep track!

the features are based on requests / matter to the concept. So podcast will have some nice additions requested (like dir choose, queue, auto download, downloading list etc) and so on... As well we have plans of course to add the zoom to the pictures, better cover art support and choose, compilation album wizard, and so on.

So please remember : this is a bug fix release, most of the things will be "transparent" but canola will work a lot better overall, after this one we will be able to really work on features (we already started) and things will be a lot better !

Br

Marcelo

it probably won't but any chance that wma is supported in the upcoming release?

Hi Rene,

Yes, WMA is supported already by the scanner. But I will not hide from you : it's a little bit tricker to have the tags the right way (then it is with mp3, etc) but it's there. Maybe it will be a little messy with somebody's library but then we will be able to fix it once you guys use it and report to us what's happening.

So an update on time frame :

1) We decided to use 1 more day ( friday ) so our release date is now monday.

The good news is that we are already testing the 770 version! So give us one more day and we will be able to release this waited version!

BR

Marcelo

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi Rene,

Yes, WMA is supported already by the scanner. But I will not hide from you : it's a little bit tricker to have the tags the right way (then it is with mp3, etc) but it's there. Maybe it will be a little messy with somebody's library but then we will be able to fix it once you guys use it and report to us what's happening.
Yes! My large wma collection and I thank you and the canola team! More power!

But Hey rene,

Maybe the wma support is not perfect in this release but we count on users like you with huge libraries to help us get it right. as it uses a different system for tag, or at least we need a diferent lib to access this tags, maybe something goes wrong in the first update, but with our 2 to 3 weeks updates release plan things will be fixed a lot faster.

BR

Marcelo

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Thanks for being so open about all of this.

I realized I'd like to see some album info for podcasts... I am currently downloading some that are 10-11 mp3 files per "issue" and I don't see them grouped in any way on Canola.

That's for the feature list though. This is looking very nice. Thanks.

Hi Box,

This is something new (in the podcast) can you please send me an URL of a feed with an example so I can study and see how can we do that?

The downloader is now much more reliable and our plan is for the next (not this on monday) to release the auto download, current downloads, queue... but if this is also a high demand we can try to include it.

BR

Marcelo

I look forward to testing the next update.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

What's about release?

Closed Thread