Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
hopefully they are in the rootfs tarball and work for the internal nand also

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
the onda v820w, i used both tools, but it gives me an error like flashing ifwi failed - sn. i tried sfos, android 5 for this tablet and the factory image for android, how i understood
How did you try flashing SailfishOS on that Onda thing?

Based on the first post in this thread (and my research), the only way to run SailfishOS on it is to boot it off a microSD card.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

Based on the first post in this thread (and my research), the only way to run SailfishOS on it is to boot it off a microSD card.
like it was a jolla tablet from taobao, only it isn't. how are the internal partitions called ?

Originally Posted by explit View Post
Any chances for Nokia N1? Have an TW-Version (Android 5.0.2) with unlocked boot loader.
But i can't find kernel and android sources for this Tablet.
I wonder if Nokia will reply to kernel sources request. I know it's not manufactured by them, but still... Otherwise your best bet is to look for devices with the same SoC (Intel Atom Z3580 - Moorefield). For example, I found Dell Venue 8 7840 - http://opensource.dell.com/releases/...40_Moorefield/. Core hardware should work, but no idea what else will and what not. You can contact me in IRC if you want to do some tinkering.

the onda v820w, i used both tools, but it gives me an error like flashing ifwi failed - sn. i tried sfos, android 5 for this tablet and the factory image for android, how i understood
Please confirm if it's Onda V820w or Onda V820W CH and what revision (look for serial number at the back side). And yes, you can't flash original Jolla Tablet image via fastboot. Hardware is still a little different.

Booting off microSD isn't a requirement, you can install it into NAND like a general Linux distro (except partitioning/copying files needs to be done manually), it's just more safe to start from. I have it in NAND on mine.

Last edited by TheKit; 2016-06-21 at 16:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
I wonder if Nokia will reply to kernel sources request. I know it's not manufactured by them, but still... Otherwise your best bet is to look for devices with the same SoC (Intel Atom Z3580 - Moorefield). For example, I found Dell Venue 8 7840 - http://opensource.dell.com/releases/...40_Moorefield/. Core hardware should work, but no idea what else will and what not. You can contact me in IRC if you want to do some tinkering.

Please confirm if it's Onda V820w or Onda V820W CH and what revision (look for serial number at the back side). And yes, you can't flash original Jolla Tablet image via fastboot. Hardware is still a little different.

Booting off microSD isn't a requirement, you can install it into NAND like a general Linux distro (except partitioning/copying files needs to be done manually), it's just more safe to start from. I have it in NAND on mine.
how did you do it?^^

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany

I asked alredy Foxconn for Android Sources and Kernel but got of course no answer...

I have an second Nokia N1 (Chinese Modell), which i bought for spear parts....
I can try to flash Sailfish on it, or you think it wouldn't be so easy?

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:

sn is P820DBG2V5A02794, what does that mean?^^

have you also got a 32bit efi bios?

summary of what i did so far: i installed debian on the tablet but it seemed like while boot the display gets turned off, even with ctrl + alt + f1 i didn't see anything, anyway i managed to copy the 3 files to the bootpartition from a usb-stick, from which i booted the debian live cd, then my cable got a loose contact so i decided to copy the tarball to the sdcard and start the copyingprocess, but unfortunately i couldn't make contact with the cable, so i couldn't use the keyboard. next i will buy a new usb-cable and copy the files to the datapartition. then hopefully it will boot

sn is P820DBG2V5A02794, what does that mean?^^
Your tablet is ONDA V820W V5 then. Hardware like Wi-Fi/touchscreen/cameras might be different, but it should boot at least. You need to have 100 mb EFI partition and copy GRUB/kernel there, and ext4 root partition, large enough to contain Sailfish OS files.

Originally Posted by explit View Post
I asked alredy Foxconn for Android Sources and Kernel but got of course no answer...

I have an second Nokia N1 (Chinese Modell), which i bought for spear parts....
I can try to flash Sailfish on it, or you think it wouldn't be so easy?
Are the devices identical hardware-wise? As first step, extract boot paritition from stock firmware. Try to repack it and make sure it can be booted (flash or boot directly via fastboot). Then try replacing kernel with the one found on Dell Venue 8 7840 Android 5.0 firmware and check if it still can boot (kernel modules won't match, but display driver is usually built into kernel).

Last edited by TheKit; 2016-06-22 at 11:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: